Sunday, October 24, 2021

Papertrey Ink October Release Countdown Day 4


I can't believe it's the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink October release countdown! I've had a ball creating with all of these fabulous new products! The best part  is I still have so many ideas that I'm dying to try (now I just need to find the time) ha ha!


My first project(s) for today uses the amazing new O' Holy Night stamp/die set! This set consists of a trio of TALL trees that are just perfect for slimline cards, scrapbook pages, and regular cards, of course! I really wanted to maximize the benefit of the large size, so I decided to make a snow themed brown paper sack that would be perfect for either treats or gift giving!

I die cut quite a few trees so I had a few left over which I decided to use to create a coordinating card! To begin, I used white acrylic craft paint to brush over a plain, brown paper lunch bag. I actually grabbed 5 from my cupboard and ended up painting the entire stack. It was very therapeutic brushing the pain on both the front and back. I didn't end up by using all 5, but now they are all painted and ready to be decorated for another project!

I love the new Grand Christmas Sentiments and the "Let it Snow" sentiment worked perfectly to place over the trees! I used Distress Oxide ink to color the trees and then I added some water droplets and white paint splatters to enhance the snowy feeling!

I added them directly to the paper sack using foam squares, which hold really well on the paint! I needed to move a snowflake and found it very hard to remove! ha ha! Speaking of snowflakes, I die cut them using the two intricate dies in the Splendid Snowflakes die  collection and added them using foam squares right in the middle. I added some Moonshine sequins to the center to cover up the mini foam squares. I tied it up with Baker's Twine looped through the snowflake.

The card uses the same trio of trees, but this time I cut them smaller to fit on the card. Just a note: these trees are the PERFECT size to go along with the Build-a-Santa set that was showcased on day 1! I can't wait to try turning one of these trees into a Christmas tree and gussied up with ornaments, etc!

I die cut a frame using the Bold Borders: Flurries out of Kraft cardstock to mimic the look of the brown paper sack. I added it to a top folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I added the trees and the sentiment, just like I did on the sack. I also added a heat embossed "snow" sentiment, which is from the Inside greetings: Snow Mini stamp set. I added quite a dusting of tinsel glitter to all of the card elements for a true frosty look!

My last card for today, and for the release, uses the new Greatest Gift stamp/die set that I absolutely love! As much fun as I've had creating with Santa and presents, etc., it's always nice to create something that sends the message of the true meaning of Christmas! I absolutely LOVE all of the large, bold sentiments that are included in the set!

I found a canvas print online that had this same sentiment on dark blue and a lighter blue sky, so that is what inspired this card! To begin, I die cut the bottom panel using the To the Point Edgers dies to create the point. I added some black in around the bottom and side edges using a blender brush.I heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock and then cut it using the Nesting Basics Pierced Ovals. I layered on top of the panel using foam squares.

I set that aside and cut a piece of white cardstock and then added some lighter blue ink blending around the edges leaving the center white. I used the new Seeing Stars Stencil Collection to add the two different sizes of start using the same inks as the background.

I used the On the Border: Sunburst Border Die to cut the "shine" out of glitter cardstock! I added it to the white panel using liquid glue. It gave the card just the right amount of detail I was hoping for! I added the sentiment panel to the bottom using foam squares.

I die cut the stable, trees, and baby Jesus from white cardstock and stamped them in black ink (gold around baby Jesus) and added them over the "shine". The star is die cut from specialty gold cardstock and added over the top of the stable. There is a fun flourish image and die included in the set, so I added it over the top of the stable and star for added detail! I added the entire panel on a top folding A2 card base. I stamped another one of the large sentiments on the inside!
 Thanks for joining me today! Everything will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

blaze said...

Fabulous designs, Kelly! I just love all of your creations!!!

DMcKelvey said...

Gorgeous cards, love them all!