Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Folky Holiday}

 I thought I'd share the cards I made for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I chose to use the Folky Holiday stamp set that was released last year to create this week's cards! I tried to use it in all of its "folky glory" and build up some pretty panels using the cute images!

For this first card, I chose to use the sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: Warmth, as the center of the design and then build from there. I like this particular sentiment because it is stacked into a nice tidy image that was easy to work around. I didn't measure the placement, but if you feel worried about getting things symmetrical, just add some pencil guide lines to help.

For this card,  I chose to use one of the larger "flakes" from the Starflakes die collection and build from there. I actually layered two of the dies together to create this dimensional snowflake. Once the center image was placed for both cards, I went ahead and stamped different images going around the entire perimeter of the panel, in most cases. Some of the images I only stamped twice because of space and what would be pleasing to the eye.

I was amazed at how quickly and easily the panels came together. I chose Raspberry Fizz, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet, Simply Chartreuse, and Pure Poppy ink to give these cards a playful Christmas feeling! You could definitely opt for more traditional colors or even use autumn colors to create Thanksgiving cards!

On this particular card, I chose to use the two large images directly above and beneath the sentiment and then use the curved images for the sides. I really like how this one turned out! The panels were die cut using the Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles to give them some added detail! I set the panels aside and cut two of the Scallop Stackers: Medium outer piece. I didn't add the insert that will give you open areas. I wanted to be able to add even more stamped images around the border and these scallops were the perfect thing.

I sandwiched a few additional Starflake die cuts on the top, bottom, and sides and then adhered the two panels together using foam squares. I then added them to top folding A2 Tropical Teal card bases using additional foam squares.

I stamped the Peach on Earth sentiment, which is from the Be Merry stamp set, directly on the bottom of the top panel in Tropical Teal ink. I added a few Moonshine sequins to each of the cards for some sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Fred. said...

Beautifully Done!

Donna said...

Wow- what lovely cards! Your special decorating talent just shines with the Folky Holiday set. So pretty!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow Kelly, gorgeous cards and beautifully designed! Have a great weekend my friend! 😊💖