Saturday, March 14, 2020

Spellbinders March Stamp of the Month

Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing a set of 6 rainbow cards using the Spellbinders March Stamp of the Month! As we all know, the world has been turned upside down, especially in the U.S. these last few days. I know other parts of the world have already had things go crazy! Anyway, with this in mind, I sat down and made this card set to send out to those who might need a little bit of cheer and love!

That's what I love about this craft; it can bless people's lives no matter what, when, etc! We will not be able to go to church for who knows how long, and I have the responsibility of loving and caring for the children in our fold. I decided that since I won't be able to see them for a few weeks, I'd use all of these fun sentiments from this month's stamp of the month to create some colorful cards that let them know I'm thinking of them and missing them!

My cards look eerily similar to the cards on the Spellbinders website {ack} this was totally not intentional! I do love that it shows how easy it is to create a card with impact with just sentiments!

When I mass produce cards, I like to do everything assembly line style! First I cut and scored all of the white cardbases and stamped the heart that is included in the set on the back. I also chose 6 different rainbow pattern papers and cut them to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and adhered them to the card bases using Tombow adhesive.

I cut strips of coordinating colors of cardstock so that I could stamp the different sentiments. I only used black ink so it was all very easy!

Two cards say "Love is all you need" , two say "Oh, hey Hello" and two say "Miss seeing you" which are perfect for all of these sweet kiddos!

The strips are adhered to white panels that have been stenciled with a cloud image for some added whimsy. They were also spritzed with Shimmer Spray for added detail!

Without knowing how long we will be in social isolation, I will send a few out here soon, but keep the others on hand for future weeks! I hope that you all are safe and taking care of yourselves during this time of uncertainty. If you need help, please let me know and I have friends all over the world and a church that is able and willing to help those in need. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help. We are all in this together! All my love and hugs! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

TLady said...

SUCH FUN rainbows of Hello's! I think the kids in your family will LOOOVE THEM! ENJOY the time alone & yes, we can STILL reach out & touch others, even with being isolated! A SUPER JOB on your cards!! STAY WELL!!! ;)<3

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Crazy times huh? Thankfully our church has been doing live video services for some time, so we don’t have to miss a service. I’ve thought about you and your family and hope all is well. Your cards today are so pretty, cheerful & perfect at a time like this. Thanks for sharing your tips and uplifting comments, please stay safe & well. May God bless. 😊❤️