Monday, January 6, 2020

Countdown to Confetti Day 2 {sending my love to you}

Welcome to day 2 of the Reverse Confetti Countdown to Confetti! Today the team is showcasing two fun new sets; Butterfly Wreath and So Very Lovely. I've created a card using these two sets, but I also paired them with the new Oh My Heart Cover Panel. Make sure you head to the other designers' blogs as well to see what they have come up with!

To begin today's card, I stamped the Butterfly Wreath in black ink and then colored it using Copic markers. I also stamped the larger butterfly and colored it as well. Once everything was colored, I used the coordinating Butterfly Wreath Confetti Cuts to die cut the images. I set them aside and got to work on the background.
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: text

I die cut the Oh My Hearts Cover Panel from Mist cardstock and layered it onto a top folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I also added a frame that was die cut from the Stitched Note Frames using foam squares for dimension.
Image may contain: text

Once that was done, I was able to layer the wreath onto the frame with additional foam squares. I also added the heat embossed sentiment from the So Very Lovely stamp set over the top of the wreath and then added the larger stamped butterfly for extra detail.
Image may contain: text


I also added a few white details with a gel pen for some extra visual detail. I also added a few tiny sparkling clear sequins for some sparkle and shine.

I hope you've enjoyed today's Countdown to Confetti! Thanks for fluttering by! 

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kelly, this is so pretty! I always love your layers!

Sue D said...

Beautiful. I like the colors and framing.

Amy C. said...

This butterfly wreath is so unique and pretty. Thanks for sharing your great card design.

SmilynStef said...

what a beautiful kaleidoscope of colors ... love the white dots.

Marcia Hill said...

Your beautiful butterfly wreath is making me think Spring and Winter has barely begun...rats!! Guess the color will have to come from our craft rooms for the next few months! LOVE everything about this card Kelly...just BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! The detail in your Butterfly Wreath is amazing! I love the subtle shading and highlights -- so pretty!
Crafty Hugs,
Michele K. Henderson
crimsonowl@comcast.net

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the heart cover plate and pretty butterfly wreath!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

sharon g said...

Oh my, the shading on the butterflies looks AWESOME!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring of the wreath and love how you have used it with the frame!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your STUNNING Card!! Such BEAUTIFUL Coloring!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

Kelsey Thomas said...

I love how you colored the butterflies!

blaze said...

So much to look at and admire in this card! Love the way you use frames! The entire card is just.so.sweet!

Emma S. said...

Love everything about this card and your color choices are always spot on!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful. Butterflies are always
fascinating. Using them in the
wreath is a wonderful idea.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Beautiful card. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Avra Williams said...

So pretty!

NPurdum56 said...

Beautiful card! I love that heart die cut! I think that is a must!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love how you colored the butterflies! JUST WOW!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh Kelly, you've combined the New Release products SO beautifully. What a FAB Reverse Confetti release.
Blessings,
karen Letchworth

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Just a stunning card. LOVE your background, all the layers, and your coloring on all those butterflies is amazing! Just a gorgeous stamp and card!

DJ said...

That wreath is so pretty! I really love your coloring on it. Gorgeous!

Jeanne J. said...

The coloring on your butterflies is stunning!