Friday, February 15, 2019

SugarPea Designs February Release Day 5

 Well friends, today is the 5th and final day of the SugarPea Designs Sneak Peek Week! I've had so much fun and I hope you have too! All of the new products will go on sale tonight, so hopefully you have your wish lists ready! Today the team is sharing sneak peeks of a new set called "Keep Forever Tags" and a coordinating set of SugarCuts called Enjoy Tag Set. Before I dive into the details of my project, don't forget to stop by the other designer's blogs to see how they have used these new sets.


For my project today, I made 4 Easter treat packages using the new stamp set, SugarCuts as well as the Bunnies from yesterday and the "treat" sentiment. These were so much fun to  make and so easy!

I cut 4 pieces of pastel cardstock and did some simple scoring to create the packages. I will fill up some small cellophane bags with  Cadbury eggs and put them inside. They should be hitting stores today since Valentine's Day is over! LOL! Once the scoring was done, I used the Egg Window SugarCut to do some dry embossing on the front. I just used an embossing mat instead of the cutting sandwich. I love the look it gave the front of the packages. It would be pretty to cut it out completely if you had a larger package so you could see the pretty candies showing through. I'll probably have to give that a try before Easter rolls around.

I die cut the tag and stamped one of the images from the new set across the bottom to create the striped image. I also die cut four bunnies in the same colors as the packages and hot glued a white tail.


This photo shows how deep the bottom is. These will hold quite a bit of candy or treats! All of the elements that I die cut or stamped were done in each of the 4 colors so that I could mix and match everything. 

I secured everything at the top with a jumbo brad. Now that all of my Valentine's Day projects and cards are out the door, I can start my collection of Easter projects! ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

39 comments:

Kimberly McField said...

These are very cute, and I love all of the spring colors.

Lisa A creations said...

These treat boxes are adorable! I love how you dry embossed the egg die onto them and the way you coordinated all the colors. Great job!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Debbie Rumpza said...

CUTE!!! I love these treat boxes!

Kelsey Thomas said...

These are too cute!

sharon g said...

How cute to add pom pom tails. These are darling!

Mary Holshouser said...

The embossed egg shape makes a
wonderful background for the bunnies.
Their pom tails are darling.
Fantastic cards.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cynthia Cole said...

Fantastic treat packages using multiple products!

Karthikha said...

These are super fun and adorable :)

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet set of treat packages! Love the addition of the tag on each one!

Unknown said...

Cute tags, thanks for blog hop.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

These are such lovely treat packages! I just love the cute little bunnies with their fluffy tails. :)

Annette Thompson said...

Awwwww hou combined dies its soo CUTE thanks

Sue D said...

so pretty for Easter treats. I like the colors and the embossing.

Martha Herrera said...

Adorable! LOVE the pom pom tail.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Jackie said...

Those little cottontail bunnies are the cutest!

Arianna Barbara said...

Gorgeous projects!!! The pom pom tail is too cute!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

So perfect for Easter! i love the pastel colors!

Lee said...

Very sweet projects!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute bunny tags...love the big jumbo tags.

Laurie said...

So cute!! I love the colors!

Jean said...

Just the cutest!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Jean! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Laurie! Pastel colors are some of my favorites

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Mary-Anne! They were so much fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much, Lee!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much !

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Arianna!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Jackie! I think I'm going to be using them often!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Martha!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Sue! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Annette!

Kelly Lunceford said...

thanks so much, Susan! They were so much fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cynthia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much, Mary!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Kelsey!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Debra!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Great cards! I love that bunny! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com