Saturday, February 2, 2019

My heart smiles just thinking of you!


I've been in a Valentine's Day frame of mind, but realized that my "thinking of you" card stash is pretty much non-existent. I decided to make a Valentines inspired non-Valentine thinking of you card! LOL! Say that 10 times fast! I'm completely smitten with the Big Bear stamp set so that is where I began! I love all of the different accessories that this set comes with, particularly the heart. I knew it would pair perfectly with the sentiment I used which is from The Most Beauty stamp set. If I end up needing an extra Valentine's Day card, this would still work!

To begin my design, I colored the Big Bear and heart image using Copic markers. I also used one of the floral sprays from Happy Bee Day to give the card some extra detail. Once the hearts were colored, I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top and a sprinkling of glitter. I know I say this all the time, but they really look like the cinnamon or cherry gummy sugar hearts you can buy this time of year. I guess what I am trying to say is this; they look good enough to eat! ha ha! 

While the hearts were drying, I got to work on the background. I used the Diagonal Stitched Coverpanel to die cut the white piece. I added a rectangle of pattern paper from the Cupid 6 by 6 paper pad to the right hand corner using foam squares. I also added some zig zag machine stitching to the bottom of the white piece before I added it to the red card base.

The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto the red strip of cardstock and added over the top of the pattern paper using foam squares. I really wanted it to pop and white ink just wouldn't cut it! My poor embossing buddy has flown the coop; I can't find him anywhere...I guess he doesn't want to be my buddy anymore! LOL! Anyway, I've been really struggling without it, but this seemed to turn out regardless.

The large heart is from the fabulous Patterned Hearts stamp set. I really wanted to use the striped heart, but it was making my eyes go buggy, so this stippled heart won out in the end. I added a few of the floral sprays to surround the heart as well as one in the lower left corner. The entire white panel is adhered to the red cardbase using foam squares.

I added a sprinkling of sparkling clear rhinestones here and there for added shine. Between the glitter hearts and the rhinestones, it gives it just the right amount of sparkle. I resisted adding Shimmer Spray, but I did add some Wink of Stella to the floral sprays. I had run out and recently got a new one so I will be adding it to EVERYTHING once again!  Once I finished this card, I thought it looked an awful lot like THIS card that I made last month. I really didn't mean for that to happen! LOL! Anyway, I'd love to hear how your own Valentine's Day card are coming! Leave me a comment on who you like to make Valentine's Day cards/projects for! Thanks for fluttering by!


4 comments:

Debbie said...

So, so cute, Kelly. Always love the sparkle in your cards! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Finalizing my Super Bowl menu here in Patriots country!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Debbie! You're always so kind! I truly appreciate you stopping by! Good luck with your party planning!

Cindy H. said...

That is such a sweet card - love it! And, yes, a "thinking of you" or "happy Valentine's Day" is perfect for this beautiful card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy! You're so sweet!