Thursday, February 28, 2019

Inspired by....Modern Quilt {friends make everything better}

It's Thursday and that means there is a brand-new Inspired By Challenge to get your creative juices flowing! I'm still in "thank you" card mode, so I took this opportunity to create a thank you card using colors and details that I might not have otherwise. I really like this particular sentiment, which doesn't say thank you, but is fitting nonetheless. 
This week's inspiration piece is a modern quilt. It reminds me of the quilts that I made for two of my boys cribs. I was inspired by the colors, quilt blocks, and one block in particular...the one that is white with the orange circles. I really like how they are offset with flowers around them. 
To begin today's design, I die cut the Blocked Out Square Panel Confetti Cuts out of white cardstock. I layered it onto a square of Iced Aqua cardstock. The circles are die cut out of Tangerine cardstock and then I ran them through my Cuttlebug again using the Diagonal Stitches Coverplate. Since the quilt is the inspiration, I really wanted to get some stitched details.

The sentiment is from the Cotton and Thistles stamp set and is one of my favorites! I heat embossed it in white onto a strip of vellum. 

The die cut panel is adhered to square of pattern paper from the Winter Solstice paper pad to give it an additional bit of pattern. 

The focal images are from the Pattern Builder stamp set and are so fun to use. I haven't used this set since forever, so it was nice to get them out again! I added a few rhinestone gems as well as some sparkling clear rhinestones. I spritzed it with shimmer spray for some added shine! I hope you get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!




4 comments:

~amy~ said...

super love this Kelly!

Kathy Mc said...

Such a striking card, Kelly, with that color combo and embossed sentiment on vellum!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, my friend! You're so sweet!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE this! That stamp is so cool and I am loving the whole design of this card. A feast for the eyes!!