Friday, January 19, 2018

Sending our Sympathy!

It's never fun to NEED a Sympathy card and I have found myself in need. It's times like this when I wish I had one on hand, but I never seem to. I think I'll make it a point to make a few to tuck away and hopefully I won't need them too often. 


I've been re-watching the entire Downton Abbey series and I am in awe of all of the beautiful floral arrangements that are in each episode. I can't imagine having something so lovely all over my home, ALL.THE.TIME. I have been itching to make a floral card using some beautiful florals and this is the perfect opportunity. 

I began by die cutting all of the images and then stamped them in a variety of colors. I used both the Rosie Posie stamp set as well as the companion; Rosie Posie Step 2. I spritzed all of the flowers and leaves using some Shimmer spray. While those were drying, I created the grey background piece. I used the Round Off Edger Dies after I had dry embossed the quatrefoil design. 


I layered all of the flowers onto the grey piece using foam squares for dimension. I added some Sparkling Clear Sequins onto the leaf, flower and a few on the grey embossed piece. The "with heartfelt sympathy" sentiment is from a REALLY old SU! set, but I will never part with it because I like it so much. I heat embossed it using Antique Gold embossing powder to help add in some warmth. I also heat embossed a sentiment on the inside using the same powder.



Hopefully this will bring some cheer to the recipient! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Beautiful and so calming with the grey. Love it!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the gray embossed panel.

Greta said...

I love Rosie Posie, but I've never made such a big bouquet with it--love this, Kelly!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty card, love how you used the grey!