Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mix it Up Challenge #39-You are WONDERFUL!

It's the first Mix it Up Challenge for the new year! It's perfect for those of you who are getting LOTS of snow this year and sad for us in Utah, with zero snow! The funny part? One of our license plate designs says "The Greatest Snow on Earth"! LOL! You can check out the challenge HERE and I hope you'll get a chance to play along! There's a $50 dollar gift certificate to the SugarPea Designs store up for grabs!

For my card,  I chose to use both sides of the challenge! To begin, I sponged a piece of white cardstock with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink using a heavy hand in some places and lighter in others to mimic the look of the inspiration photo. Once that was done, I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray and then stamped the snowflakes from the Flurry of Warm Wishes stamp set using white ink. I also stamped a few snowflakes onto a piece of gray cardstock as well with dimensions appropriate for the sketch. The "are wonderful" sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of white cardstock using the Sweet Sentiments-You set. I also die cut the "YOU" sentiment using the YOU Sugar Cut using silver glitter paper. It is stacked on top of three other pieces of white cardstock for a thick piece. I adhered all of these elements onto the card base as per the sketch. I added a few sequins for some added sparkle and detail! A bow of silver cord finishes off the design! I hope you will join us for this fun challenge!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Such a stunning card, lovely lovely lovely

JoAnn said...

Lovely card and great take on the inspiration photo and the sketch. Love all the details.