Sunday, April 23, 2017

Vintage Cherries {Everyone needs a friend like you}

I promised to share the project that I have been working on earlier this week. My older kids were supposed to bring an item to auction for their youth camp fundraiser. I decided to work on two card sets and that made it so I got to play! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the deadline, but it was so much fun that I didn't want to stop. I made 28 cards in total, 4 each of 7 designs (2 of each design per set) which I will share the rest after my "keeping Christmas" post on the 25th of the month.


I couldn't resist this beautiful vintage cherry fabric collection. I knew it would be the perfect inspiration to create a nostalgic, vintage collection. The fabric that I have shown here, reminded me so much of the flowers in PTI's "Rosie Posie" so it was the perfect starting point.
You can see the rest of the darling fabrics worked up into the basket here. If you'd like to see more of the basket, pop over to my other blog Thimbles and Thread. There are additional photos as well as a link to the tutorial I created earlier this month.




I started the design by diecutting a circular nestabilities die that I have had for years. It reminded me of the circular pieces on the blue cherry print fabric. The flowers were die cut and stamped using coordinating inks to match the fabric choices.





The sentiment is from the last PTI release! I love all of them that came in the set and have used a few throughout the entire card set. 






I diecut the felt pink border and machine stitched it down for some extra charm and detail. I used a lot of stitching, lace, buttons and twine to give it the vintage feel I was going for.





You can see all 4 of the cards here! Such fun to create! The finishing touch is a gold embossed "uniquely handmade" tag using a stamp I picked up a few years ago at Hobby Lobby. Thanks for fluttering by! Stay tuned for my "keeping Christmas" post coming up on the 25th.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

All around delightful and charming. Adore the card. So sweet! What a lovely thing to do for the fundraiser and I'm sure your items will be a huge success. I also adore the basket. Such a great idea for holding the card set. That Uniquely Handmade stamp is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Cindy Otto said...

Love the darling bag. Where did you get the fabric? I want to try making a few.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It's by Riley Blake and I think the collection is called Sew cherries or something like that.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!