Saturday, December 17, 2016

Peace, Love & Joy

The first Christmas cards of the season! I don't generally make handmade Christmas cards anymore because I have opted for the printed photo cards that showcase my adorable children. I do, however, need to mail out a few to some friends in the neighborhood and I haven't even taken pictures of my kids yet to include in a photo card! Eeep! Hopefully I can get that taken care of early this next week and pop them in the mail! 
We took a most glorious, snowy drive up the canyon last Sunday that totally inspired these neutral snowflake cards. How I wish we had a little bit of snow....but yesterday's rain completely melted most of the dwindling remnants. Oh well....I've created my own little winter wonderland with these cards. LOL! I dry embossed the Kraft cardstock using a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and then "frosted" the edges using white ink. The edges were also dusted with a little bit of chunky glitter for some extra sparkle.






The snowflakes were diecut using the "Fancy Flakes" die cut from PTI using "Gilver" glitter cardstock. It's my favorite...not gold, not silver...the perfect combination that's a bit like the color of champagne. I saved the star that was left over from the center of each snowflake that I am hoping to use on another holiday project.
I always like incorporating sheet music pattern paper into my holiday designs because I LOVE Christmas music. These designs will be mailed, so I tried to make them as flat as possible, but I did add buttons to the center of each snowflake. The sentiment was stamped in Black Palette ink onto vellum and then secured behind the snowflake panel. A simple taffeta bow finishes it off and they're ready to go. Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford

1 comment:

Debra said...

These are beautiful cards! Your friends will be amazed when they get them. I always make cards up till Christmas, then a couple weeks before, realize I don't have enough and the rush is on. I may case these as they are stunning!