Monday, December 19, 2016

Have a {cup of cheer}

I'm back today to share a few tags I worked on over the weekend to include with some yummy mug cake mix I've packaged up. Last month, I helped put together a "mix and mingle" activity at our church. My job was to share some different ways to present and package different christmas "mixes" of various types. I happened upon a simple recipe for a chocolate mug cake and knew that it would be festive and fun. I am thinking of gifting these to the secretaries at my sons' school...a quick treat to eat when you need your chocolate fix! 




I took all of my color cues from the mugs that I put the mix in...sage, red, grey and white. First, I die cut all of my tags using Stamper's Select white cardstock and sponged some Sage Shadow ink onto the front. I also added some flecks of grey using the color spritzing tool and a Going Grey Stampin' Write marker.  Next, I die cut all of the little cups, greenery and pots and quickly stamped them in varying colors.






Before I began assembling my focal images, I quickly stamped the "Have a cup of cheer" sentiment in black onto the bottom of each of the tags. I used the sentiment as the anchor for each of the designs.





Some of the tags have wonky stacked cups, sprigs of greenery and others have the pot with a cup and a festive poinsettia. I had fun making each tag different and unique. The smaller poinsettia images have a small self-adhesive gem in the center for some shine. The finishing touch was a sprinkling of crystal clear sequins and a knot of red baker's twine. I hope your holidays have been as festive and full of spirit as mine! I don't want it to be over! Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford 

1 comment:

essay best said...

What a lovely post! loving the cards dear and i think you have done an amazing job. You're really talented and would love to see what more you have to offer. Thanks!