Wednesday, May 6, 2015

You make me feel like a SUPER HERO!

 This post has made me a little teary eyed. I made these cards today for my adorable son Rowan's preschool teachers.  When I saw these sweet images, I knew I HAD to have them and they would be perfect for our Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you Ellen for your CRAZY fast shipping and amazing customer service! I never thought I could get them that fast, but thanks to her, I have them and they are perfect!  This adorable set is from My Favorite Things.  I thought this sweet little hero looked just like my son!
 Unfortunately, the sentiments weren't quite right for the card I had in mind, so I quickly computer generated the "Thank you for making me feel like a" portion and then stamped the SUPERHERO sentiment that comes with the set.  It turned out exactly like I had envisioned. Now...the reason why it makes me teary eyed is because my sweet little son seems to struggle when it comes to learning. It breaks my heart, but he does try. He is spunky, adventurous and truly loveable. His speech is delayed and he has a hard time recalling the things that he knows. Through the love and efforts of his wonderful preschool teachers he has made strides that I didn't think he would make. No matter how much I work with him, there is just something magical that happens when he gets in the classroom with his buddies and friends and they all work and learn together! It is amazing! I am grateful for a positive learning environment where he can truly be a SUPER HERO!
 I colored this sweet little guy using an assortment of Copic and Prismacolor markers. I chose my color cues based on the gift that was accompanying the card. Each teacher will receive a jar of handmade lemon sugar scrub (it is wonderful) a gift card to subway, a lemon eos lip balm, mini mentos and some citrus gum. Also, I am sick of red, blue and yellow, but I think I already mentioned that! Ha Ha!
 The blue background and stars are made from the Comic Strip pattern paper from PTI that came out a few months ago. It has truly been a lifesaver while putting all of these gifts and things together! I added a few burnished silver sequins for shine.
The cut out "Superhero" sentiment was stamped using Versamark ink and then heat embossed using Iridescent Ice embossing powder from SU! I have no idea if they still make it. It is one of my favorites!
What do you think? Do they look alike? I just asked my 3 year old who it was on the card and he confidently exclaimed,"Rowan!" I guess I did a good job! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I also ordered the Mama Elephant set used on the last post from Ellen as well!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

I LOVE this set and you made it shine here! Rowan's teachers are going to love this!!!