I'm back today with a wedding design to share with you. In my last post I mentioned that I didn't have a single graduation stamp set and the same is true for weddings. What is wrong with me? I decided to make a mixed media piece for the Bride and Groom. It takes me back to a time when I used to make scrappy cards WAY more than stampy cards. The only stamping on this card is the tiny Mr. and Mrs. image in the lower corner. It is from an old sentiment set from SU! I was sure happy to find it!
I chose my papers from a 6 by 6 pad that I bought to make this card. I knew it would be perfect since it is called "something blue" and is a wedding collection. So...the papers and the little tags that are included were my starting points.
It is hard to see in the photos, but the little tag with the bicycle says "Just Married" and I knew it wold be perfect. I decided to make a "bulletin board" of sorts and die cut a circle piece of cork board to add my bobbles and trinkets. I pulled out my glass jar filled with little treasures perfect for a card like this. The first piece was the tiny crocheted flower that I had left over from this project back in 2009. That is an awful long time to wait to be used, don't you think? I'm glad it made its way onto this special wedding card. I threaded a metal heart onto a pin and pushed it into the hot glue that I used to adhere it all together. I also used a clock and leaf that I am pretty sure I got here many years ago. Tiny clocks are so much fun to use, especially on wedding designs.
The ribbon is a white satin from Offray that I simply tied in a bow and then "melted" it using my heat tool. It gives it just the right amount of vintage quality for today's design without being overly "shabby". I also accordion folded a strip of tulle and secured it to the bow with a pin for just a touch of sheer lightness and mimics the feel of a bridal veil.
The two pattern papers were stitched together using a zig-zag stitch for some extra detail. The Mr. and Mrs. stamped strip was adhered to another little tag that is included in the paper pad. I folded a doily in half to reinforce the circle pattern and add some softness. The main white base of the card was dry embossed using an embossing folder from Hobby Lobby.
The key is one that I have had for years and I can't remember the manufacturer, unfortunately. Keys used to be my "go to" design element on so many projects. I was thrilled to use it. I had a lot of fun making this card and it really was a blast from the past as I remembered how much fun I used to have putting together little collage projects. Thanks for fluttering by!