Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wish Big!

 My cute niece is having her Birthday party on Monday and I am geared up for a crazy weekend so I thought I would get a head start on getting her gift ready! This is a very simple design, but I added some fun details that take "simple" up a notch.




 For starters, simply using an embossing folder for the background gives it some texture and dimension! I particularly like the ones with words because they give it a graphic quality that I like as well.  The set that I used for this card is "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday" from PTI and it is one of my favorites. I really like the stamp that I used to make the candles; It could also be used to make a border, a layered cake, a conversation bubble, etc.  I have used it a few times as a candle and I think it turns out nicely.



 It might be hard to see in the photos (I used my phone) but each star representing the flame on the candles has a touch of stickles for shine. I also used my color spritzing tool to spritz on some yellow ink around the stars to mimic the glow of the candle. The purple panel was supposed to look like a gift all tied up with a tag. The sentiment is also from the same set as well as the one I used on the inside. I didn't take a photo, though.  I brushed the edges with white ink for a little more dimension. Finally, I added some sequins because....well, what little girl doesn't like a little sparkle?  The sentiments are stamped using Smokey Shadow ink.




You can see her gift all ready to go. If you visit here frequently, you might have read this post where I was buying all kinds of gift bags at the dollar store and challenging myself to create a matching card. This was one of those "challenges". It is not quite what I normally make, but I like stepping out of my "norm". Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up in May and you know what that means....lots of fun teacher ideas for you! I am actually putting together gifts for every teacher at school this year for the PTA, so I will get those finished and get working on my own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are on a roll! I love the card and what little girl doesn't love bling? Cute cute Cute!

customized gifts for him said...

It's so beautiful, I really like your good idea, thank you for sharing.
canvas home wall decor
housewarming gift wall decor
housewares pillow