Friday, June 7, 2013

Let your dreams take flight

 I was asked if I had on hand or if I could make a graduation card for one of the girls at church.  I knew I had something that would "work", but I wanted to make something perfect! I love this "Butterfly Dreams" set from PTI, but I never use the sentiments with it because they never seem to fit the theme I am working with. Yay for a graduation, right?  I thought these two sentiments were perfect for a young girl with her future ahead of her. I actually don't own a graduation set, if you can believe it.  I was only asked to make a card, but I never can resist making a 3-D project as well.  I am glad I took the extra time.


I usually don't use the butterflies that require coloring  which is strange because I love to color so much, but I did for this card to add some extra detail. I actually had a dream about a beautiful butterfly so maybe that inspired me.  I colored them with copics and prismacolor markers and then added some stickles (surprise, surprise).  When I started out making the card, I had originally wanted to use 3 butterflies, but space didn't permit, so it was great to have one already cut and colored for the box.
I used the leftover scraps from my "Bloom" banner which you can see on the title of my blog.  I really love the unexpected mix of papers.


I hope she enjoys her card and knows how proud we are of her!  Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

love the colors Kelly and the butterfys are stunning. I have a frien with cancer and she says every time she sees a butterfly, she knows she is okay! I need to try this layout.

Sharon Wheet said...

Gorgeous! and I know what you mean by having to make the box. Just beautiful how you mixed the different pattern papers. TFS