Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dad's *Grand Slam* Birthday


 I thought I would stick with the masculine card theme and show you the card I made for my husband's birthday which is today! Happy Birthday!  I didn't think it was weird to have the word "Dad" at the top until I started to write my post. My dad passed away many years ago, so I never need to make a Father's Day card or Birthday card that would actually say "Dad". I do for my FIL, though. Anyway, my husband is just "
Dad" around these parts! LOL!
 June is a busy month for us...my husband's birthday, Father's Day and our Anniversary!  I guess I will be sharing more cards that I make for him as the month goes on.  I was thrilled to use this newer PTI set called "7th inning stretch".  I knew that with 4 boys it would come in handy, especially for coaches gifts, etc.  My oldest decided not to play baseball this year, which is a first in a very long time, so I haven't been able to use it until now.  My husband has been playing a baseball video game after the kids go to bed, so I thought he would enjoy the theme.  It is funny, but I never like to spend a lot of  time on the cards that my husband gets. I guess it is because I know what is going to happen to them. I am sure most of the cards that I make end up in the trash, but I don't have to actually see it or be the one doing it.
 I chose the background paper because it was masculine and it reminded me of a baseball diamond. I love the colors, too. I have been trying to pull out my tremendous amounts of SU! paper and start using it.  It has been so long since I have been a demonstrator that I can't even remember when half of the paper came out. If I like it, I am using it and I don't care how old it is.
Since I was making one card, it seemed silly not to make two and have one on hand. I changed it up just a little as you can see and I couldn't resist adding some felt ric-rac to the bottom. I hope I didn't make it girly!  Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I have quite a few projects to share with you. It seems so weird to have so much to share! I might make my goal of posting more than I did in 2010, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the stamp set and both cards are delicious! I just love them! The paper is a perfect fit too. Who cares,,,,new~old....just words.

CindynOtto said...

So glad you have so much to show! I love your style and creative ideas, especially he masculine theme. With 4 boys it's always a challenge. Thanks for your great card ideas.

Judy said...

Fabulous cards and love your layout and paper selection. I'm all for using what you have on hand.