Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Damask Thanks

Today I am officially half-way through my pregnancy. It was fun to see the little baby icon on my sidebar that the number of days I have left are exactly the number of days so far; and from now on, the number of days left will always be less than the number of days so far! Yay! I think we have finally come up with a name; that is if it really is what the doctor and I think it is! LOL! If not, we are back to the drawing board.
I decided to whip up a few more thank you cards to finally get them done and to use up even more of my dwindling scraps of DSP. I think the scraps that are left will be going into the trash. I had an old Sketch Challenge layout hanging in front of me, so I decided to use it for my card today. I made two of the exact same card, and another different one that I didn't show.

I still had everything out from Saturday's card, so I used the Damask image from Friends {24-7}. I really love that image and I had fun embellishing it with tiny silver gems. Again, I used the sentiment from "Pocket Silhouettes" for this design. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

My son's football team won again this week! Yay! They always do such a great job. They ended up winning 45-0, but they stopped putting it up on the scoreboard after they reached 33 points. I guess if the other team doesn't score any points, they don't keep putting them up. We will be going off track in the next few weeks, so my kids will be having fun with swimming lessons and such. I always look forward to them going off track so that we can have some fun together; especially this time, since they only got an 18 day summer vacation. Hopefully we can go and do some fun things and it won't be so hot. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. Last week I bought some fun paper to make a new Autumn banner, so stay tuned for that. Also, I am in charge of the door prize that we do at our PTA meetings, so I may make a handmade something or other for tomorrow's meeting so stay tuned for that as well.

8 comments:

Mary J said...

Hi Kelly - I love all of your cards but I think I'm in love with this one! So elegant yet contemporary! Thx for sharing

Gwen Mangelson said...

this absolutely gorgeous! thanks for the ideas and inspiration!

Lisa Brown said...

Beautiful card, Kelly!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Kelly! Hope you are feeling well!

Debbie Olson said...

Kelly, this is absolute gorgeousness! I'm glad that you've reached your halfway mark too--yay!

emily said...

Love what you did with this paper and stamp set! Just beautiful! Congratulations on making it halfway!

Carla Murphy said...

Love this! Those colours together & the damask are fantastic (don't stop!!) 8)

Steph Zerbe said...

gorge! love all the layering and colors. and the little banner sentiment is the best! Love that look. Great job!