Friday, May 29, 2009

Mojo Friend


As you can see, there is a new camera in the house. I felt lost without one. I am still getting used to it, so bear with me. These were the first photos I took with it, so I still need to experiment with it, etc. They look kindof blurry to me, so hopefully I can get the kinks worked out.
This is the card that I made using this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I needed a card to thank my friend who watched the girls for me so that I could go on my son's field trip. This fun little set called Dear Friend from SU! will soon be retiring, so I thought that I would use it. I am actually a little afraid to see all that will be retiring. LOL!


I also used some of the beautiful ribbon that Brandi sent me from her E-bay store called "My Little Ribbon Shop". You can link to the store from the icon on my sidebar. I love how wide it is and how nicely it ties. It matches Pink Pirouette perfectly, which I used on my card. I colored my image first and then picked the papers, which is something I usually don't do, but the colors ended up working nicely with this "Bella Birds" DSP. I am sure this will be retiring, too, since it has In Colors on it. I have tried to be better about using up my DSP so that I don't accumulate too much, but I fear I still have a lot left.

I won't be attending SU!'s Convention this year, but recieved my 5 year pin in the mail last week. I guess I won't be doing my 5 year march. Maybe one of you who is going can go up in my place! LOL!

Now that I have a camera, I will be sharing things on a more regular basis. I really didn't mean to let my blog go like this! I promise I am back! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi Kelly! Glad to hear you have a new camera. Love the DP colors and patterns you mixed on this classic card. The lace facing upward looks great too! Glad you're back!

Chris said...

Love your take on the sketch...it's so soft and pretty!

Congrats on your 5 yr pin! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Have fun with your new camera! Glad you're back. Very pretty, vintage-y card.

Sandy Knecht said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Isn't that ribbon the PERFECT match for Pink Pirouette!! LOVE IT!!

Verda said...

Love your card and I think the ribbon is beautiful. What is the name of it? I went to MLRS and couldn't find that exact ribbon.

Paula Barin said...

Yeah! a new camera.
I love the delicate look of this card. Very sweet.

Elaine said...

Great work - these colors are lovely together and it's one of the papers that I want now, thanks to you! lol
Glad you have a camera again too!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty Kelly! Congrats on the 5 year pin!!