Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Color Challenge

Yesterday I decided to skip housecleaning, skip stamping and spend the day with my kiddos! They returned to school today after a long break, so I wanted to have one last outing before they went back. We had fun together and now I am ready to send them back. I hope they have a good day! Maybe some Chocolate Chip cookies are in order!
I decided to participate in today's Color Challenge on SCS. I wanted to run the other direction when I saw what the colors were, but I decided to give it a try; after all, that is why they are called challenges, right? Mr. Brown delivered this "Great Friend" set yesterday, so I decided to use that as a starting point. Once I had stamped the butterfly image in the three challenge colors, I was set. They really do look pretty together. I think that the polka-dot paper, may in fact be Wild Wasabi. Oh well. This card is SUO, which I haven't done in a while.


I stamped the label image using Ballet Blue ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then attached my trimmed butteflies with dimesionals. I decided to add a little bling to the centers of the butterflies using Crystal Effects and chunky sprinkles glitter. I added some piercing, ribbon, and a button for some dimension and detail.
Thanks for fluttering by!
Supplies~Stamps: Great Friend
Ink: Ballet Blue, Cameo Coral, Whisper White
Paper: Cameo Coral, Garden Green, Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Prints Pattern DSP
Accessories: Ballet Blue 5/8 inch grograin ribbon, dimensionals, button latte, crochet thread, crystal effects, chunky sprinkles, paper piercer and mat pack

16 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is so fresh and pretty! Love the color combo!

Susan N. said...

I really like the colors you used and the layout is great. What a cute card.

Dawn Easton said...

I saw this on SCS earlier and it is the PRETTIEST of them all Kelly!! LOL...I wanted to RUN for the hills too when I saw the colours. Garden Green...ack!

Juanita said...

Great job with a very interesting color combo.

Cynthia said...

SO glad to see you broke down and bought this set! Now I have some ideas and I love how you used that butterfly stamp. It looks great with the colors! Pretty!!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Only you could take a combo that made me go EWWW and make me say OH!! This rocks, girl!

Connie M. said...

So pretty, Kelly! Love what you did with these colors!

Carol (HB) said...

Beautiful! I would have run from those colors too, but you make them gorgeous!

Lesley Edmonds said...

That is SUCH a pretty card. Very cute.
Lesley x

muriel la said...

Wow, I love it.

ChristineCreations said...

I really wrestled with these colors, but you mastered them Kelly! Beautifully done!

KatieTurtle said...

Hi Kelly, I would have run away very fast from this color combo, but you did a great job!

I have given you an award on my blog. http://leftsidecrafts.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for being such an inspiration to me!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. What a fantastic color combo. I am glad you got to spend the day doing fun things. Housework will always be there. Those kids grow up too fast.

Jen Tapler said...

I have to agree with Shannan! I was NOT excited about this combo until I saw this! You rocked it, as always!!

Jeannie said...

I love the colors combined with the butterflies! So "spring-y"!

Debbie Olson said...

Kelly, I'm not even a fan of these colors, but I ADORE your card anyway--who wouldn't? It's fresh and clean and fabulously designed. . . You could make me like anything!