Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birthday Celebrations! SFYTT

The other day when I was at Target, there was a display of clothes that I thought would tranlate into a fun card. The colors were gray and sage. The clothing was sleek and pretty and so I wanted to keep my design the same way. Today's SFYTT was the perfect fit. I knew I wanted the daisies in white, stamped onto sage cardstock. I just let the sketch lead the rest of my choices. My Upsy Daisy stamp set has been neglected, so I was glad to get it out and use it.
I was also glad to use some of the silk flowers from my pretties kit. I layered three for the top flower and used one of the diamond gem brads that are included in the kit and then used three small ones on the bottom and used Martha Stewart Gem Stickers in the centers. This card is *almost* SUO...with a few changes, you could make it that way. I used my cuttlebug for the background, but that could easily be swapped for a texture plate. I have them, but like the deep impression I get with the embossing folders better. Very clean, very simple and very straightforward.

I am always excited for a chance to use my 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon on a design. There was a time when *every* SU! card that was made had this ribbon on it. Now that there are so many other choices that SU! offers, it rarely gets used. I really like how the sage ribbon looks against the sage paper. This is a perfect card for a workshop or stamp a stack.

You won't want to miss out on the other girls creations.



Jen Del Muro and Jenn

Amy Rohl

Carole Burrage

Susan Liles and Amy Sheffer

Thanks for fluttering by!

12 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

LOVE this color combo, Kelly! One of my faves and it's been forever since I used it. Thanks for the reminder, though -- I have some DT samples to make today and you've totally inspired me (as you always do!). Love the elegance of your card. You're fabulous!

Krysta said...

Wow I love these colors together, we would love to go into a Target as we don't have any in Canada yet. These card is amazing, as always I love your creations.

Anonymous said...

ooooh...puuurty! what a great combo! so elegant and fresh!

Juanita said...

This is a fabulous color combo. You have so many great little details on this card, just amazing. Love it!

LeAnne said...

I love Sage Shadow and it looks great with the gray---I think I'll go stamp something right now!
LeAnne

Amy Rohl said...

Love the color combo, my dear, and now I just might have to make a trip to Target to see your inspiration--any excuse to get to Target, right?!

I love that we both used flowers for the lower three embellishments--great minds...!

Have a great weekend!

Lesley said...

Wow! I would never have thought of this combo! It is so pretty! Thanks for the great idea. Your card is lovely.

Dawn Easton said...

Kelly, this is beautiful! I was just talking about Sage Shadow today at Regionals! LOL and now you've used it, in such a PRETTY way! I'll have to try this CC now...love the look!
Your card is GORGEOUS!

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a pretty soft card. Love the new layout. So much fun!!!

Libby Hickson said...

So pretty!

KatieTurtle said...

I am going to have to try this color combo! I love the look. Your cards are so inspiring, I am in awe of your talent!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Kelly! Such an awesome color combo - so peaceful.