Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bird on a Branch

I decided that I haven't been posting much SU! these days, so I thought I would make a SUO card today. What is SUO you ask? Stampin' Up! Only. Very rarely do I make something that is completely SU! because I sneak in different paper, glitter, etc. but today I made it a point to use everything SU! even down to the scissors I used! LOL!

I used today's Sketch Challenge over at SCS. I needed to flip the sketch to have it accomodate this particular set. I love the coordinating papers. It is pretty straightforward. I did have to add the sentiment piece to the top because what is underneath is crooked! LOL! Often times my designs get little additions here or there to cover up my mistakes.

I want to say thank you to all of you who said such nice things about my new photo. My old photo was taken for the Dirty Dozen and I have used it ever since. I thought it was time to freshen things up a bit.

I have been getting quite a few questions about some of the things I do on my cards, so look for a Q and A coming up in the next few days as well as a tutorial! Thanks for fluttering by!





Supplies:
Stamps: Bird on Branch
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Naturals Vanilla, Ultrasmooth Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, Flock Together DSP
Accessories: SuperNova glitter, Tombow Mono Multi, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

15 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

Love these pretty colors and design Kelly! Great SUO card!

Soozie4Him said...

I love all your cards, but as an SU demo, I ESPECIALLY love it when you do SUO cards!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him

Christina Fischer said...

Oh Kelly -- this is gorgeous! It's a great take on the sketch! I swear I could look at your work all day!


Your new photo is beautiful! :)

Linda Crowder said...

Ilove your card. And your photo IS very flattering. I am sorry I missed it when you changed it but I was looking at your post! The SUO cards are nice as most of what I have is SU stuff, but I appreciate everything you do.

Jeannie said...

Beautiful card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, the photo and the card, but then I thought the old photo was beautiful.

Norine said...

so very pretty and soft
Hugs
Norine

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Kelly!! You are so beautiful!!! Love your new pic!!

~Lori Roop said...

Kelly, I love the way you flipped the sketch!! Fabulous!!

Your creations are so lovely, you keep me coming back for more!! :D

Denise said...

Kelly, this is just beautiful, love the SUO! I love how we can clean up our mistakes so nicely~ most of the time I find the 'cover-up' better than the original! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Oh Kelly! You KNOW how much I love a SUO card!!!! And look at you makin' me fall in love with what WAS my least favorite designer paper! You're such an enabler!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous SUO card Kelly! I like to make a few SUO cards each week but it's hard not to sneak some sort of contraband on the cards...lol

Love the glittered edge!! So pretty!

Heidi Kilgore said...

very nice, Kelly. I wasn't sure about this set, but you have shown us it can be very beautiful. It comes together nicely using the coordinating papers. great job!

Hugs,

Heidi

Lisa Brown said...

Goegeous, Kelly! Love it!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Wow!! I love this card, Kelly! Perfect set for that sketch. TFS!
Kay