Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mojo Thanks!


I have decided that if I am going to participate in all of the challenges that I enjoy, I am going to need to combine them on occasion. Since I never got the energy to stamp yesterday, I decided to comine today's Color Challenge from SCS and this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I really liked the springy colors and it gave me an excuse to use the one image from "Friends 24-7" that I haven't used yet. I hope you aren't getting sick of this set, because it is one of my new faves. I thought this card really showed the versatility that this set has. I also paired it with the "Friendly Words" Jumbo wheel (surprise, surprise)!



I used a blender pen to color the image using Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette and Perfect Plum. I used the "Bella Toile" BG stamp using Pink Pirouette ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock. I used a button from the Button Bouquet assortment, using linen thread to thread it. I secured it with a glue dot. I tied a simple bow of white taffeta ribbon and added some piercing to finish it off. There was a time when *every* card I made had piercing on it somewhere. I rarely pierce and more, so I thought it was time to add a little.

This card is *almost* SUO. I used PTI white and foam squares, but those things could be swapped out easily to make this 100% SUO.

Since being sick, I got a little behind on Valentine's projects. I will probably be posting only Valentine's designs for the rest of the week. I have things I would like to make for my kid's teachers and such. Thanks for fluttering by!



Stamps: Friends {24-7}, Friendly Words jumbo Wheel , Bella Toile BG
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
Cardstock: PTI White, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Paper Piercer and Mat pack, sponge, brayer, white taffeta ribbon, button bouquet, linen thread, foam squares, blender pen, crystal effects

16 comments:

Mandi said...

Beautiful
mandi xx

Norine said...

that is too pretty love the colors and your design great job
Hugs
Norine

salusa said...

Very pretty!

LeAnne said...

Ooh, I think you may have convinced me to get that BG stamp---sooooo pretty here!

Connie M. said...

So pretty, Kelly! Love those beautiful flowers! Great challenge combo too! I may have to check them both out and give it a try too! :)

Renée said...

I try to combine them too, even though I'd love to have the time to do each challenge on it's own ... this is a gorgeous combination, Kelly!

Lisa Brown said...

Love it! Great job on combining the challenges...I agree that's the way to go!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am the same way, I want to play in them all..LOL!! Hope you are feeling better, your card is stunning!!

Jackie Pedro said...

How could anyone get sick of this set? This is gorgeous, Kelly!!

Priscilla said...

This is a beautiful card!

boynecitygrl said...

Awsome card. Love those colors. Thanks for inspiration.

blessings,

Beth

Dawn Easton said...

This is gorgeous Kelly! I saw it on SCS yesterday and was loving those images!! Hope you are feeling better now!
Looking forward to seeing your Valentine goodies!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful. Love the colours you chose.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the fantastic colors and the pretty image. TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is pure yumminess. Love your embellishments and coloring. Thanks for playing! :)

Kathryn said...

OH SO PRETTY -- Love that color combination -- GORGEOUS! :)