Monday, February 2, 2009

Mojo Songbirds

Well it is Monday again and you know what that means; Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge! I took the weekend off from stamping so it felt good to sit down and make a card. My desk and surrounding floor is an absolute mess, but sometimes I find creativity in the mess! I love having things neat and orderly, but the messier things get in the creative process, the more the ideas flow! At least that is how it is for me! If I already have an idea, then I need things to be tidy.


I headed over to the MojoMondayblog to see this week's sketch! It is a fun one! I knew I wanted to use this new paper I got over the weekend called "Flower Patch" from Making Memories. My Mom and I stopped at my favorite Scrapbook Store after the bridal shower and I went crazy on ribbon! I did pick up some envelopes, paper and Kaiser flowers, too, but the majority was luscious ribbon! After I got the base of the card ready, I needed some stamps. I couldn't decide right away, but settled on using theSongbirds stamp set from TJ Designs, a division of TweetyJillPublications. I have been so fortunate over the years to have many of my projects featured in her Idea Books. Over Christmas I was feverishly working on quite a few new designs that will be featured in her upcoming releases! I will be so excited to see them in print~! I put my heart and soul into them!

This card will be going in my stash that I have set aside to surprise someone with! Thanks for fluttering by!



P.S. Did you see my Audrey Award on my sidebar! How fun is that? Also, if you would like to subscribe to my blog, you can click on the feedblitz counter on the side. I had some technical difficulties over the weekend and had to delete my other widget.


Stamps: Sonbirds by TJ Designs


Ink: Soft Sky, Vintage Photo Distress InkPaper: Flower Patch by Making Memories, PTI White

Accessories: 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 inch circle punches, scallop circle punch, ribbon by May Arts, Flower by Kaiser, Button from The Paper Studio, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Foam squares, Scallop edge punch, sponge, sewing machine and thread, butterfly punch and diamond gem sticker from Martha Stewart Crafts

38 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What's not to love? This card is simply gorgeous. Love all the details and the fun shabby chic feel to it. Thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I love this, it is so interesting to look at and the way it makes me feel is sublime. Naturegirl

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning! Wow! You did a wonderful job!

Kristin Moore said...

What a unique color combo! I love how you worked this sketch out. I know what you mean about the creative process and the mess. Good thing it works that way sometimes!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a wonderful card, i love it.
Hugs Nadine

Shari said...

Wow! THis card is gorgeous! Love love love the colrs, nice job!

Anonymous said...

this oh so shabby oh so chic card has stolen my heart!!! i love it :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Holy cow, this is GORGEOUS!!! I just got this same paper pack!! Beautiful patterns!! You details are amazing, Kelly!

Angela said...

Beautiful,

~Lori Roop said...

Fabulous like always!! Lovely work and details!

I didn't realize I wasn't a follower of your blog. Now I am!! :D

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous! It's no wonder TweetyJill would want you in their books! I love the sweet shabby look.

Paula Barin said...

Love the soft vintage look of this card. Beautiful!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Those stamps are wonderfully shabby! Love all the elements together!
LeAnne

Shannan Teubner said...

This is stunning, Kelly! I love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Ok first I need to pick my jaw up off the floor! Seriously Kelly, this card is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love the softness and warmth this card gives off! It couldn't be more perfect!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this card! Just such a darling image of mama bird and babies. Really like the dp you selected and your ribbon flourish. TFS

Kerry D-C said...

This is striking! great job with this sketch!

Carol (HB) said...

WOW! This is just jaw dropping gorgeous! I bought this paper yesterday, but I know it will be hard to cut into for a while! LOL!

Lisa Brown said...

Wow! your work amazes me...those layers and elements are beautiful!

Christina Hill said...

Beautiful Kelly. Love it!

Connie M. said...

Kelly, this is such a stunning card! Love all the details!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is a STUNNER!! I am so glad you got your blog working right...what a headache that had to have been!!

DoxieGirl said...

Be still my heart! This is so sweet and shabby chic! LOVE it!
~Kendra

Christina Fischer said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the colors and details!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Kelly! These vintagey, shabby chic cards just take my breath away. I don't even know where to start. You have such a talent and I'm just in awe. Ditto to what everyone said and more!! Just so oh my goodness beautiful!

Candy said...

Beautiful Kelly!!

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Very pretty card! I think the button adds just the right splash of color - perfect!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very gorgeous Kelly! Love all of the prints, colors and charm!

Dori Shelton said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning! The colors are so fresh they make me ready for spring!

Justine said...

Wow, I am so glad to have found your blog. I stumbled over from Suzanna Boyd's Card of the Week and I am so impressed. going now to add you to my google reader.
Nice to meet you,
Justine

Norine said...

gorgeous love the details and colors
Hugs
Norine

Brooke S said...

You totally Rock... What a beautiful card! I has so much to look at all the detail is amazing... I usually forget about my soft and subtle family's with the exception of a few colors but holy moly... This card just sings... I want to create one for myself... Thanks for sharing.. Cant wait to see another amazing creation from you!

hugs
Brooke

Linda Crowder said...

I am playing catch up. What is wrong with all our blogs lately. I had to delete my entire TEMPLATE and begin fresh and it took me and Microsoft 2 weeks to figure out it was BLOGGER vs. a gadget I downloaded. Frustrating. But I was able to save my prior posts, but they have to be added one at a time. If you have any suggestions for making it easier, let ME know...as far as your blog, I love this card and I always love checking your blog. Thanks for all you do. You don't need to change a thing, in my opinion. Just keep up the great designs. You are a source of inspirtion to me. Linda Crowder

Melissa said...

What a beautiful card. I love the soft, vintage look. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love this card.... the colors, the patterns, the bird theme... yummy!

Denise said...

Kelly, this s just gorgeous!! love the colors and all of the pretty details!

Nancy said...

Oh what a pretty card! Love all your details, and those gorgeous colors!