Friday, February 13, 2009

Be Mine, Valentine!



I am off to my cousin's wedding this morning, but I wanted to share a quick project with you since I was M.I.A. yesterday. I was volunteering at school for both of my kid's teachers, cleaning house, etc. I made two of these matchbox Valentine's for my kids to give to their teachers. I started off using the yummy "Slumber Party" DSP from SU! I absolutely love that stuff! I have almost used the whole pack! I paired it with my go-to Valentine's set this year; Heart Prints from Papertrey, Ink. It was still out on my desk, so I used it! LOL!

I filled the boxes with some paper shred and then added some Dove hearts! Yummy! It was a fun, quick Valentine treat! I created the boxes by using the super fun Slumber Party DSP...this is one of the heavy weight selections, so it worked perfectly for this project. The length of the box is 6 inches, the width across is 2 1/2 inches and the side width is 1 1/2 inches. I just scored the paper, left enough room for a tab and used some adhesive to put it together. The box is simply 1/16 of an inch smaller to allow room to slide.



I also made the world' tiniest valentine card to fit inside. Just enough space to write To and From. I know teachers get so much stuff so I am sure it is hard to remember who gave what.




Supplies: Heart Prints Stamp Set by PTI
INk: Riding Hood Red, Palette Noir, Vintage Photo
Paper: PTI White, Slumber party DSP
Accessories: Scallop Edge PUnch, sponge, amuse twinkle sticker, SU! striped ribbon, paper shred and chocolate! YUMMY!
Thanks for fluttering by!

9 comments:

Norine said...

what a nice gift very creative and so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

I love that little box!

Renée said...

What a sweet box!! Love the design, love the colours!!

Linda Beeson said...

What a great way to give a little gift of chocolate! Did you say where you got those boxes? I love the way the box slides out.

Joanne (jojot) said...

What a wonderful treat box.....with sweets included....they'll love them

Happy V-day

Stamp and Smile said...

100% stunning! Great look, colors and very sweet!! The chocolates are just YUM-O!!! TFS... :)

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute! What a nice gift for the teachers!

Dawn Easton said...

So super sweet Kelly! I wish I'd ordered that DP now...lol
GREAT little gift idea! Hope the wedding went well!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely fabulous!!