Monday, February 25, 2008

Signs of Spring




Don't you just love Spring? It is one of my favorite seasons. I decided to make a Spring card today with my Wreath stamp set from The Saltbox Studio called Deck the Door. As much as I love my snowmen, I am glad to be using a *springy* image. I chose the heart grapevine wreath and the spring sentiment. I chose my papers first and then colored my image. Sometimes I do it the other way around and then can't find the *right* papers. This saves me the hassle and I get to use the papers that I *want* to use. I love these notecards from Amuse. I actually ended up cutting them and using them as pattern paper, with a Kraft base. This card measures 5 by 5. I also used some Amuse Twinkle stickers on the corners. ( my 4 year old daughter saw me using them and asked if she could have two for earrings...how could I say no) I can see myself reaching for these wreaths for many upcoming cards. I am counting down the days until I can hang my spring wreath on my door. Not too many more! I also added a picture of what my flower beds are looking like. Once the snow melted, I could see the daffodils and tulips poking there first shoots up and each day they grow bigger. It won't be long now.

* update on the wrist: yes...that is why I have been a bad blogger. It is feeling much better...still some issues, but it will be as good as new before long. Thank you for all of your well wishes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see that there are signs of Spring somewhere! Enjoy! We are expecting 4-8 more inches of snow here today/tonight....more time to stay in and stamp. I think I'll take my Spring stamps out, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better! This card is gorgeous!!! I really need to order this set.

Anonymous said...

So glad your wrist is feeling somewhat better! Thanks for the shot of Springtime inspiration, both in your photo and your lovely card!!!

DeborahLynneS

Christina Fischer said...

Glad your wrist is on the mend! Your card is beautiful! I needed to see a little spring, since there's still snow on the ground here!

Kristin Moore said...

Hi Kelly! Beautiful springy card (and plant too). Glad your wrist is getting better.