Friday, September 25, 2026

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 1

It's that time of year; time for the beginning of Christmas products being introduced for the upcoming holiday season! Today is day 1 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown and I have two cards to share with you! Up first is a card using the new Framed in Flowers: Christmas stamp set/die! If you'll remember, the first in the series was released a few months ago and this is a continuation in the series! The set features two different designs and there is also a coordinating stencil for both designs. I chose to use the holly image for today's project!

To begin, I stamped the holly image using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I left the stamp in my MISTI so I could do the stenciling, but then put it back in to stamp with Versamark ink and heat emboss with gold foil. Once all of that was done, I used the coordinating Framed in Flowers: Christmas Die to cut it out. 

The background was created by cutting a panel of Pure Poppy cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I cut the frame using the Border Bling: Skinny Embossed Frame Die from the same cardstock and glued it to the background panel. I like to use ScorTape because liquid glue has a tendency of seeping through the embossed edges. I layered the largest oval included in the new Love to Layer: Beaded Trim Die that is cut from Stormy Sea cardstock using foam squares. I placed the embossed image over the top with additional foam squares.

I cut and colored the greenery using the new Into the Blooms: Holiday Bouquet, which I will be showcasing next. The sentiment, which is included in the Framed in Flowers: Christmas Stamp set, is stamped in black and stacked three times for a sturdy piece. 

My next project features the new Into the Blooms: Holiday Bouquet Die paired with the new This is Big Sentiments: XL Happy Holidays Stamp Set. I really love this new bouquet die and I know I will be reaching for it all season long and for years to come. 

To begin, I foiled a panel of Stormy Sea cardstock using the Exquisite Leaf Frame Hot Foil Plate and silver foil. I trimmed it close to the foiled edge and layered it onto an A2 panel of Pure Poppy cardstock. I also cut another mat using Stormy Sea cardstock using the Love to Layer: Rectangles Die and adhered it with foam squares.

The bouquet "wrap" is cut from Pure Poppy with a New Leaf bow. All of the foliage and berries are cut from white and colored with dye inks and blender brushes.

I gave all of the foliage and berries a spritz of Hickory Smoke Distress Spray and then arranged them in/around the "wrap" using liquid glue and foam squares.

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto black cardstock and then adhered with foam squares. I added four gems to the corners of the foiled design. 
Join me again for day 2 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE ALLL of the foiling & the pretty Christmas foilage!

merryf said...

These are both gorgeous -- the Stormy Sea really gives these such an elegant look!