Sunday, January 28, 2024

Papertrey Ink January Release Day 3

I can't believe we're at the 3rd day for the Papertrey Ink January release! I hope your weekend is going well and you're finding time to rest and relax! I have a BIG post for today, so get cozy! ha ha! I have three cards using the new Into the Blooms: Daisies dies and the new Vintage Frames stamp/die set! You all know how much I love the Into the Blooms series, so I had a lot of fun with these cute dies! The thing I love about them the most is that ALL the types of daisies are included....the possibilities are endless! That being said, I only made yellow daisies for my cards! LOL! The other designers have showcased these dies beautifully so make sure to see their stunning creations!

If you're like me, then your Aqua Mist cardstock stash might be dwindling or even depleted! I went through my scraps and used the On the Edge: Scallops die collection and die cut a bunch of scalloped strips. This allowed me to cover a nice area using the beloved cardstock in a fun and whimsical way.

I stamped the smaller frame included in the Vintage Frame stamp/die set and then used the included "with love" sentiment. I added some of the daisies here and there to create visual movement.

I added some black paint splatter and a few sequins to finish off this card!

My second card uses one large daisy as the focal point layered on top of the larger of the two Vintage Frames.

This card also features the cute corner detail image included in the Vintage Frames set. I used the Perfect Presents stencil collection to create the dotted background. Both sentiments are from the Birthday Your Way II stamp set that was showcased yesterday.

I like how the sentiment at the top is arced so that it hugs the focal panel nicely! I heat embossed the bottom sentiment in white on a black strip of cardstock.

My third card using the daisy dies  showcases a few of the other different varieties. One of my favorite movies is You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Daisies are her favorite flowers in the film and she says "they're the friendliest flowers"....I tend to agree! 

I used Distress Oxide inks to color the flowers and leaves....please note: these leaves are from the Into the Blooms: Peonies. I have one cluster of daisies in my yard that bloom every late June/early July and the leaves look more like this.

I added a bow from the new Beautiful Bows die collection because it just seemed to need it! ha ha!

The sentiment is from the new Birthday Your Way II stamp set. I really like that there is an option to get the coordinating dies so you can die cut them if you'd like! It just makes more design possibilities.

My final card for today uses the new Reflections: January stamp set. This year we are out of Psalms and diving into the other beautiful verses in the Bible. This one happens to be one of my favorites. This was the theme for the youth of my church last year, so I heard it quite a bit last year.

There is a coordinating die; I used the largest of the three nested dies. They are all the same shape, but in three graduated sizes.

I stenciled two panels using the Wild Blooms Stencil Collection and then stamped the sentiment on one using Weathervane ink. I used the largest die and cut it out. I layered it over the top of the other panel using foam squares.

I did trim the panel to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and then layered it onto a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares. Well, this concludes my projects for day 3. Join me tomorrow for the fourth and final day! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Fabulous cards, Kelly!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards, love everyone of them!