Saturday, May 20, 2023

Papertrey Ink May Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink May release countdown! Today's cards feature some really fun new products geared to the military! I really like the fun twist on patriotic this year because the new products mix and match so well with the previously released American themed products!

I have a funny (almost not funny, though) story to share with you about this card. I wanted some military inspiration so I headed to Pinterest and typed in Military aesthetic. Up popped a gorgeous uniform all decked out with sashes and pins, and beautiful belts with gold accents! Bingo....a wealth of inspiration and lots of design possibilities using the featured products for today!

I got to work embossing, and die cutting and stamping and I just couldn't resist showing it to my daughter who had entered the room! I told her my inspiration was a beautiful uniform and I quickly showed her! Her face crumpled up and said," Mom....what COUNTRY is that uniform from?"....I scrolled down a bit to read the description.....RUSSIA!!!! I just about died! LOL! I quickly searched for AMERICAN dress uniform and with a few touches of blue and heat embossing on blue, it took a more patriotic turn! ha ha!

Surprisingly, the American uniforms aren't much different and I really like how this turned out! I was especially excited to see how well the Corner Decor worked for this military inspired design!

The Our Heroes stamp set comes with some fun sentiments, different badges, stars, etc. I think it is going to be a great addition to my patriotic stamps/dies!


My second card for today uses the new Footlocker die collection; I also paired it with some of the stamped images from Our Heroes and the previously released United States of America die.

This die collection comes with A LOT of pieces, so I took an organized approach and die cut all of the pieces for each individual element, glued it together and set it aside. I placed the dies back in their storage pocket as I used them to keep things tidy.

I love the cute boots; they remind me of some boots I had for my Ken doll growing up! ha ha! They're so cute in miniature form, don't you think?

I used silver specialty paper for the dog tags for realism. This was a fun card to put together! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: