Saturday, May 13, 2023

For Mom + more Gingham Inspiration!

Happy Saturday, friends! I'm popping in today to share the card I made for my Mom for Mother's Day and a few tags that I made using the new Gingham Gorgeous from Bath and Body Works as inspiration!
I happened to be sick during the release where we used Mother's Day products, so here I am at the last minute getting something put together! Please note: this card was HEAVILY inspired by a beautiful card that I saw HERE; I loved the gate-fold design, the MOM down the center and the washi touches!


I decided to take a more colorful approach to highlight the beautiful Hydrangea and Rose washi tape; my mom loves these citrus hues, so I hope she likes it!  I cut a piece of Green Parakeet cardstock measuring 11 by 4 1/2 and then scored it at 2 3/4 on each end and then folded the flaps to the middle.

I also die cut the Modern Blooms die (retired) out of the same Green Parakeet cardstock, cut it in half, and then glued it on either side of the opening lining up the blunt cut for precision.

I adhered the washi tape to a 4 1/4 by 11 piece of white cardstock and then die cut it using the coordinating Hydrangea and Rose die and set the pieces aside. I just HAD to buy the Jeff Alpha die; that is what originally caught my eye on the inspiration card! I die cut the shadow from white cardstock and then the detail portion out of Sweet Blush cardstock. I layered them together using foam squares and then added them to the left side of the opening at the half-way point.

Once that was done, I fiddled around with the placement of the washi tape pieces until I was satisfied with the arrangement. You can see in this photo that I actually layered two of the clusters together on the right side until I was happy with the way it looked! I heat embossed the sentiment using the Larger than Life Mom stamp set and then glued it under the "o" in  MOM.

I gussied up the inside with the same stamp set and another left-over flower cluster!

If you stopped by the other day, then you probably saw my birthday card I made using the new Gingham Fresh as inspiration; this time I used Gingham Gorgeous as inspiration! I'm giving a few ladies in the neighborhood a little Mother's Day gift, and I included some of the Gingham Gorgeous products! Lucky for me, the Blossoms and Berries washi tape is a match made in heaven!

I made 4 tags in total, but I'm only sharing three since the 4th is almost identical to one of these. I adhered and die cut the washi exactly as I did for the Mother's Day card. I set the pieces aside and then got to work on the tags.

I used my most favorite tags: the Essentials: Classic Tags with fillable elements! These are nice and big and you can customize them with all of the the different fillable elements; I chose this lattice-y look for today! I used a diagonal striped stencil to create the soft blush gingham on the background. It's hard to see, but it's there; soft and sweet like it looks on the lotion and soap packaging.

From there I was able to decorate them with the washi pieces; this one features the large wreath.

The sentiment is from the Blossoms and Berries stamp set and is perfect for these tags. Since these ladies aren't MY mom, but I want to celebrate them, I though this worked!

I'm also obsessed with this gingham ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby; the perfect finishing touch!

This is a "for me" photo. (wink)  I made these for the 7-11 year old boys' group at church to give to their moms for Mother's Day. I had them make little Shrinky Dink charms to attach to the ring; they turned out really cute! Anyway, I added them because I wanted to remember that I did this! ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

WOW!!! There is no way your mom would not love that gorgeous card that you made for her! The tags, also gorgeous, would make any mom smile and I'm sure they will appreciate the gifts that the tags are attached to, too. Aren't you sweet to make the beautiful key fobs for the boys at church to give to their moms!! Hope you're feeling better and will be enjoying Mother's Day with your children. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Carol said...

Oh, what sweet, sweet inspiration! That Mother's Day card is precious, and THOSE TAGS! Love them!!! Once again, the recipients of your talent and generosity are indeed blessed. Kelly, you have a heart of gold! (I also sew, and your stitching is impeccable! I had to delete "I am also a sewer" and had to find a better way of saying that...!) Hahaha

Susie said...

Hey Kelly,
It's Susie Lessard here. I am always so inspired by your designs, you just get better and better with each year!! The tags are perfect for any occasion in my opinion. And the key fobs - how lucky are those mom's?! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day because you're one special person for sure.