Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Even More Wildflower Sympathy

I had every intention of coming here to post a few card ideas for babies and sympathy, but blogger has decided that it doesn't want to post the baby card pictures, so today you get sympathy! ha ha! I shared cards like this a few months back but in a different colorway, so  even though they're pretty much identical, I thought you might like to see how bright and cheering they look in yellow. You can see the previous post HERE.

I've already sent 5 sympathy cards this month and I wanted to replenish my stash. As soon as I finished these, I found out that they would both be needed, too! Looks like I'll be working on even more sympathy designs and I promise I won't copy myself again! ha ha!

I cut two panels of Harvest Gold cardstock measuring 3 3/4 by 4 3/4 and embossed them using the Regency Swirls 3D Embossing Folder that was included when I got my Gemini Jr. for Christmas a few years ago. I do believe it is still included when you buy the machine. I added some More Mustard ink from SU! around each of the edges for added depth and definition. I also die cut two ovals from Rustic White cardstock using the Pierced Feature Frames: Ovals and just used the middle portion and saved the frames for another project.

I die cut two each of all of the pieces included in the Lovely Layers: Wildflower Honey Cuts and colored them using Distress Oxide inks. I glued them together using liquid glue and a few foam squares on the poppies for added dimension.


I desperately wanted to do something different with the sentiment this time, but in the end just heat embossed it in gold onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the focal panel.

I realized after I took the pictures that I forgot to add a touch of glitter, so I will add that before I need to mail them. The blue version that I linked above has glitter on the flowers, and I really like it. I usually don't add glitter to sympathy cards because I feel like it isn't always appropriate, but I think it works on these pretty wildflowers. Anyway, this gives you the option to see it with or without and you can decide which you like best! ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly these are so gorgeous! Thank you for reminding me how gorgeous that embossing folder is as the perfect 'back up singer!'
From experience, blogger doesn't seem to like anything but jpeg photos - or if I've forgotten to flatten the layers in photoshop? Oy!
=]

Becky Green said...

QUITE LOVELY, Kelly!!!

Connie said...

Hi Kelly,
Your cards are so beautiful!
The yellow seems to glow like sunshine, quite uplifting I think.
This embossing folder is so desirable, just can't afford the machine it comes with.
So I just admire it when you show its impression.
Your blue cards like these were great inspiration.
I just got these flower dies the other day and can't wait to try them.
Thanks and have yourself a fantastic day.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors and those pretty flowers. The embossing folder is very pretty and detailed. Thanks for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

These are gorgeous as well!