Friday, February 10, 2023

Beautiful New Baby

Hello and welcome! I was agonizing the other day that I couldn't get these pictures to load, but they seemed to do fine when I tried them by themselves! I made this card clear back in December, took the time to hurry and photograph it, but then I never did anything with it. Since things have been quiet around here, I decided to share it today. I also enjoy having things documented so I can remember different ideas I've tried when I'm in a creative slump!

This card uses a mash-up of products, but I just love how it turned out! To begin, I die cut the floral piece using the Floral Arches Die and then brought it to life using the coordinating Floral Arches Stamps + Stencil Combo. I chose colors that matched the baby outfits that I bought for the gift; I always love a coordinating ensemble! I also used the A2 Arches Die and the Arched Sentiments Stamp Set for a portion of the sentiment and then I finished it off with a retired sentiment from PTI. 

I ordered the cute Bundle of Joy-Honey Cuts quite a while ago and was thrilled to use them on this card. I absolutely love how you can customize the little clothes using different pattern paper. I die cut the hanger using metallic gold cardstock.

I actually die cut the romper twice; once from white cardstock and once from the green polka dot paper and then tore off the ruffles from the green portion (very easy to do) and then glued them together. I layered everything onto a Sweet Blush panel that was stamped using the Pinkfresh Sudio Diamond Tiles Background Stamp

I finished it off by adding another sentiment to the inside; I'm sad this particular sentiment and die set is retired, but I'm sure many of you have it in your stash! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

SO SWEET, Kelly! I like to mix & match products too! ;) It's THE BEST WAY to get what you want in card making! And that little outfit is ADORABLE! A SUPER JOB!!! ;)

Cindy H. said...

Oh my, this is just the sweetest baby card, ever!

Rebecca Ednie said...

It’s gorgeous!

Connie said...

What an adorable little little outfit!
Love how you put this together, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I still from time to time need a new baby card (usually a church member). Of course I know plenty of people who need them for new grand babies. This is prefect! I’m right there with you when I can have the time to create, and love using different company products together when they play nicely in the design. So glad you had a chance to share this sweet card. Hugs, Susie Lessard ~