Monday, April 4, 2022

Thank You for Helping Me Grow!

It's time for another Flash Sale for Papertrey Ink! I chose the fun Growth stamp set to feature this week; it has a couple of fun sentiments to accent the plants and lights! With the end of the school year and Teacher Appreciation Week creeping up, I will need cards like this on hand to thank all of the amazing teachers!

I had originally envisioned my card to use both the small and large shelf, but once it was time to put it together, I only had room for the large shelf. I die cut all of the pieces and got to work stamping the different pots and foliage using different shades of green for the plants, terracotta shades for a few pots and greys for the rest. I added some white gel pen accents to two of the plants for realism and extra detail.

The light was a little bit tricky to figure out since I used the Cover Plate: Trellis Die for the background. I knew I wouldn't be able to stamp the lightbulb so I used a piece of negative space from the light (cut from white) and stamped the lightbulb and added the yellow ink around it to make it look like it was on.

I had an extra pot that I was fussing with trying to get it to fit on the front. In the end, I decided to gussy up the inside by stamping the sentiment from the Inside Greetings: Gratitude mini stamp set and added the pot there.

I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of a panel cut using the Geometrix: Hexagon Die and then built the shelf scene above the sentiment. I made certain to add a bit more yellow ink blending at the top for additional glow from the light. This was a really fun card to create and I can't wait to use it as a thank you card! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: