Monday, April 11, 2022

Birthday Wishes and Heartfelt Sympathy

I love how one beautiful bloom can make such a big impact on a card design! I often get caught up in stamping a bunch of little elements to fill up my card front, so it was nice to do something different than usual! These two cards were created for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale using the Lush Bloom stamp set. I chose to make two cards: one birthday and one sympathy.

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces I would need for the flowers using the Lush Bloom Die and then stamped them; one yellow bloom and one pink bloom. I set the stamped pieces aside and got to work on the sentiments. I die cut both the sympathy and wishes portion using the Perfect Pairs: Commodities dies and then stamped them using the Perfect Pairs: Commodities stamp set.

Just a note on this yellow bloom: I used Harvest Gold for the first and second step of the stamping, and then used Summer Sunrise for the detail. This technique works well if you don't have many ink colors, and it also works well when you don't want the different layers to be too stark in contrast. I love how this one turned out! I heat embossed the coordinating "with heartfelt" portion of the sentiment and then added it next to the sympathy word.

This bloom uses Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, and Autumn Rose ink colors. The birthday portion of the sentiment was created just like I did for the other card.

I created two A2 card bases and then added some Aqua Mist ink blending in the center with Hawaiian Shores ink splatter. I also stamped the Nifty Plaid background just near the center of each card using Aqua Mist ink. I added the Skinny Postage Frame die cut from Weathervane cardstock and then added the other elements. A bit of glitter and a trio of sparkling clear sequins finish off the design! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: