Monday, April 18, 2022

Make a Wish!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! Mine was busy and a bit of a blur, but I did have ample time to reflect on my Savior in the weeks and days leading up to Easter, which I am grateful for! His life and love help me to become a better person each day!  Our family has a set of numbered eggs with symbols and scriptures to read 12 days leading up to Easter. We also used the Immanuel Wreath this year beginning 25 days before Easter. You can use it to lead up to Christmas as well, which we will do this December. 
I'm sharing this pair of floral birthday cards for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale using some of my favorite products! To begin, I die cut the main leafy bouquet and three of my favorite flowers from the Birthday Bouquet Stamp Set using the Birthday Bouquet Die. I used my MISTI to stamp everything quickly. I knew I would be making two cards so I cut enough flowers for both. I ended up with a few left over so I ended up decorating the inside of the cards as well.

I decided to make the bouquets a little bit fuller by using the Bouquet Backdrop die. I simply glued two together to make a sturdy piece and then added some ink blending using the same colors I stamped the leaves and flowers. 

I really like the contrast between the die cut leaves and the stamped leaves. The sentiments are both from the Mash-Up Birthday stamp set. I gave each one an ombre look by adding a darker shade of ink to the top and blending it to a lighter shade toward the bottom.

I chose one of my favorite sentiments from the Endearing Birthday stamp set to add to the inside of each card. I used the leftover flowers that I mentioned earlier to accent the greeting.

For the background, I die cut a Sweet Blush and Lemon Tart panel using the Border Bling: Tin Stitch Die and added a bit of ink around the edges for contrast. The Love to Layer: Notched Die is the perfect backdrop for the floral bouquet! I added the sentiments over the top and spritzed each card with shimmer spray and added a bit of glitter to the leaves and blooms. Have a fabulous day and thanks for fluttering by!







 

4 comments:

Becky Green said...

HOW PRETTY, Kelly!!!! & I LOVE the inside sentiment also! ;)

~amy~ said...

kelly, these are gorgeous!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊