Monday, October 25, 2021

Papertrey Ink Release Night PLUS Flash Sale {Season's Greetings}

Hello friends! It's the night you've all been waiting for! The Papertrey Ink October release will be available for purchase TONIGHT at 10 PM ET! My Flash Sale is going on NOW! I chose quite a few fun stamps, dies, and ink colors for this week's sale!

Here's a look back at the projects I made for the October release countdown!

I've had an image pinned on my Christmas Pinterest board that I've been dying to turn into a card! You know when you have JUST the right supplies and you can't wait to give it a try? I love how this turned out; clean and simple, but with details to make it special.
To begin, I die cut 4 ornaments using the Ornament Greetings Die set out of white cardstock. I also used just the top of the die and gold specialty cardstock to cut out the top portion. I simply placed the ornament die directly onto the straight edge of the paper so only the top portion would cut. 

I stamped the 4 ornaments using the Ornament Greetings stamp set. The Spring Rain one also has the cute snowflake/flower embellishment over the top. The Enchanted Evening ornament has white paint splatter and a few sparkly stars that are die cut from the Twinkle Die. I glued them here and there with liquid glue. The Stormy Sea ornament has Ocean Tides stripes using the included stamp. The top ornament is stamped in both Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores with Hawaiian Shores detail.

I glued the top gold pieces on using liquid glue and then got to work placing them on the card front. I used a pencil to create small dots so that I could draw the "strings". I moved the ornaments off of the panel and then used a T square ruler and a metallic pen to draw straight lines. I also stamped the "Season's Greetings" sentiment, which is from the Peaceful Forest stamp set, directly onto the focal panel using Enchanted Evening ink. From there, I adhered the ornaments back in place using foam squares.

The foliage was all die cut from white cardstock and then colored using ink. The sprigs and berries are from the Tag Creations: Modern Gift. The bow is also from that set, but is die cut from Tropical Teal cardstock with Tropical Teal ink blended over the top where shadows fall.


AS you can see, I rounded the corners on both the focal panel and the Enchanted Evening card base for a professional, boutique look. I added glitter here and there  and Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top of the berries. The finishing touch is a few of the twinkle images stamped in Spring Rain and additional die cut stars glued here and there. Thanks for fluttering by!



 

1 comment:

Casandra Bennett said...

Love this card so much that I bought the set. I had just purchased the sweet little ornament dies from The Greetery earlier in the month, but I love the circle shape of these, and the clever way you used the die to create a separate gold topper. Your color combo is stunning. TFS.