Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Grateful to Have You In My Life

Hello friends! I'm popping in today to share a couple of cards I made a few weeks ago for the Papertrey Ink newsletter. I posted them to Instagram, but wanted to post them here as well. I think it's common for us to put away our floral sets once the season changes from summer to autumn, but I've been enjoying creating autumn bouquets using my floral sets, like I did on these two cards. I had originally planned on saving them until Thanksgiving time, but they looked so cute next to my loaves of pumpkin bread that I had gussied up, that they went out the door with those! That being said, these WOULD make wonderful Thanksgiving cards to give to your  host, or send to family and friends!

I set out to use this sweet bird from the Feathered Friends 4 stamp set which inspired the entire design! I used the same colors for the flowers as I did for the birds’ feathers. To begin, I die cut quite a few of each leaf and flower so I could build my bouquets as full as I wanted. In the end, it gave me enough to make 3 cards, so that was nice. I find that it's just as easy to make more than one, especially if you're using a stamp positioner. 

I used the Effortless Beauties stamp set for all of the leaves and flowers. This is hands-down one of my favorite floral sets; I love the variety of leaves and berry sprigs, the different flower shapes, and the ease of use! I chose some unexpected color combinations for the flowers and leaves, but that really enhanced the "autumn bouquet" vibe! The main colors I chose are: Honey Nut, Saffron Spice, Melon Berry, Americana, Autumn Rose,Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Stormy Sea, and Soft Stone.

I added some extra color to the portion of the bird where the bottom feathers meet up with the breast and used a blender brush to tap out the harsh edges. I love the realistic look it gives the bird. I wish I would have done that on the top of the bird as well, but I can try that another time!

I chose to use the "Blessed to have you in my life" and "Grateful to have you in my life" sentiment which are from the Perfect Pairs: Commodities stamp set. I chose this particular stamp set because I knew it would have a bold impact on the design, AND because I knew I could "float" the sentiment above the flowers if I needed, and I did! ha ha!

I chose to use the largest plaid  from the Bitty Big: Soft Stone patterned paper  collection as the background. I thought it gave the card some added depth and interest. The postage frame was cut using the Border Bling: Skinny Postage Frame; one in Stormy Sea set on a Saffron Spice card base, and the other cut from Saffron Spice cardstock on a Stormy Sea base. I added a few of the new Moonshine sequins. These don't have any holes in the middle or the traditional beveled edge that a sequin has, but rather a smooth surface with the ends slightly upturned to catch the light. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, your cards are so lovely! It is indeed a beautiful fall color combination.