Monday, October 18, 2021

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Wishing You a Joyous Christmas}

It's time again for my Flash Sale for Papertrey Ink! I chose quite a few fun products for this week's sale that I think you will enjoy! If you haven't gotten started on your Christmas cards, these beautiful stamps/dies are sure to get you headed in the right direction! I had so much fun creating my card for this week's sale! I always love adding cardinals to my holiday designs so I started off by stamping this cutie from the Feathered Friends 6 mini stamp set. I used Pure Poppy ink for the main body, with a touch of Scarlet Jewel ink around his belly for some shading and dimension.

The rest of the bird is stamped in Autumn Rose, Smokey Shadow, and True Black ink, with a Canyon Clay beak. Once the bird was finished, I set him aside to get to work on the rest of the design elements. I die cut all of the pieces for the foliage using the Corner It: Holly die set and then used the Corner It: Holly stamp set to stamp all of the images that I planned on using.

I wanted to create more depth on the main focal panel, so I stamped a trio of snowflakes from the Splendid Snowflakes stamp set using Aqua Mist ink for a light pattern. I didn't want anything too heavy to distract from the foliage and bird. I really like how it turned out and it gave it just the right amount of extra dimension I was hoping for. I also stamped the sentiment in black on bottom of the oval using black ink for a nice contrast.

Once that was done, I was ready to start assembling the foliage! I added holly leaves and berries here and there and then popped the bird up on one of the leafy branches. The entire focal panel is adhered to a top folding A2 card base that has a piece of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper with an Aqua Mist frame.

I tucked a few of the dies from the Splendid Snowflakes Die set in the top and bottom corners for even more depth. I just love the added holiday detail they add! I used some of the new Moonshine sequins and glitter to finish off this holiday card! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. make sure to look at the Papertrey Ink Newsletter that should arrive in your inbox this evening to see all that is included in the sale!

 

5 comments:

blaze said...

Gorgeous inspiration to get me motivated on those Christmas cards!!! Thanks, Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much!🥰🥰🥰

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is absolutely gorgeous!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much! ❤️

Laura said...

Absolutely love everything about this card!