Friday, September 3, 2021

The Greetery {T.G.I.F} Just a Note to Say Hello

 

Welcome to this week’s TGIF! Today I'm sharing two floral cards over on The Greetery Blog using a few favorites from the latest release!


 I have so much fun creating hot foiled backgrounds, but I wanted to try giving them even more depth by doing some background stamping first! The open geometric pattern of the Deco Triangles Hot Foil Plate is the perfect choice to add a hint of pattern to the background.

I didn’t want the background to look too busy, so I opted for tone-on-tone stamping using the Fond of Foliage Background Stamp. I chose to use Aqua and Yellow for today’s card in both the stamping and paper choices for a soft and elegant look. Once the stamping was done, I used the Deco Triangles Hot Foil Plate to add the gold details. I trimmed each panel to 4 by 5 ¼ inches and layered them onto A2 card bases using foam squares for dimension.

For the flowers, I used the new Floral Delicacies stamp and die set. I am particularly fond of this new floral set because of the large size and the beautiful arrangement. It’s easy to create striking cards with ease using both the large cluster as well as the smaller stems that you can tuck here and there, like I’ve done today!

I chose to use the Aqua and Sage shades for the leaves and yellow for the flowers, with a few in Blush for some contrast! I really love how these flowers turned out and they complement the stamped/foiled backgrounds so nicely.

I recently sent most of my thank you, hello, and thinking of you cards to a hospital, so my stash was needing some refreshing. I chose to create one “hello” card, and one “congrats” card for an upcoming wedding! The sentiments from the new Everyday Labels Stamp Set are the perfect choice!

I also added one of the frames from the Deco Frames Dies to help “ground” the florals and sentiment. In the end, I covered up more of the pretty backgrounds than I had originally intended, but I really like how these cards turned out regardless! I can’t wait to try this same background technique using even more stamps/stencils!

I finished these two cards off by adding some glitter to the flowers and foliage and stamping some of the beautiful new Nouveau Notes A2 envelopes with coordinating sentiments. Thanks for joining me today and I hope you get a chance to create some backgrounds like this soon! Thanks for fluttering by! 

8 comments:

Donna said...

Kelly, your cards are lovely! I'm loving the gold foil over the softly stamped backgrounds. I just ordered a Glimmer Foil machine, & am looking forward to learning how to use it. So pretty!

Debbie said...

OH, Kelly your cards are so beautiful. It is wonderful to get inspiration from you. I would not have thought of the subtle background stamping combined with the foiling. This is a definite must try! I hope you enjoyed your summer break. Have a lovely weekend.

Connie said...

What fantastic cards, Kelly!
Your color choices are amazing; so complementary to each other with the touch of foiling is so attractive!
Your design idea is very appealing as well.
I love all these products and hoping I can obtain them soon.
Thanks for all your inspiration.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I hope you enjoyed your much needed rest from blog posting and had some fun with the family. Your cards are just beautiful, I love the background stamp. Gorgeous inspiration! I hope you have a nice weekend and a happy Labor Day too! It sure is nice to flutter by again. 😊❤️

Charlene said...

ohhhhh…….your cards are just so beautiful - you really go the extra mile in your work!

Anonymous said...

I just bought the Glimmer foiled and it seems there are differences in which paper to use. You use both white and colored card stock. Would you please share the brands and weight that you use? Many thanks! Debra R

Kelly Lunceford said...

All of the cardstock I use is from Papertrey Ink. Hopefully that helps! My foiling system is the Gemini. I set it to low and the timer for 15 seconds with this cardstock. I’ve used different brands of foil with beautiful results!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Kelly, your cards are sooooo gorgeous! Love that foiled background. I've been on the fence about getting a foiling machine but I think you may have tipped the scales in favor of getting one.