Thursday, April 8, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {A Friendly Birthday Wish}


 Hello friends! I'm sharing this bright, floral birthday card over on the Pinkfresh Studio blog today and wanted to share it here as well! I've been wanting to use the new Joyful Peonies Cling Stamp since the release so I chose to use it for today's card! To begin, I stamped it using black ink and then added the color using the Joyful Peonies Layering Stencils. I chose to color the leaves using a combination of Ocean Breeze and Mermaid Cove ink and then the flowers are colored using Sparkling Rose and Raspberry Bliss ink. 

Once I had all of the stenciling done, I used the Joyful Peonies die to cut it out. I set it aside and got to work on the background. Since I only used a touch of yellow ink for the centers of the flowers, I thought it would be fun to bring in more of the yellow with a sunny background.
First, I heat embossed the beautiful Cling Rubber Stamp: Enchanted Blooms image using white powder. Once that was done, I die cut the embossed panel using the Pop Out: Sunburst Die. I left all of the pieces inside the die and added the Sweet Mustard and Marigold Ink directly over the die for the emboss/resist background. If you do this, remember to wipe the die after you're done. I added foam squares on the backside of the pieces, which were still intact with the die. I carefully laid a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock over the top of the foam squares and secured them with pressure.
From there, I simply l lifted the die off of the panel and had perfectly aligned pieces! If your pieces fall out of the die, you can do this same thing, but just use the negative paper portion and you can line them up easily that way, too! I just got really lucky that they all stayed in place!  I added the floral piece over the top using additional foam squares. Note: I didn't end up using the circle portion from the center. I liked the airiness that was created by leaving that off.
A heat embossed sentiment from the Happy Birthday Sentiments and a bow finish off this design! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Kelly! (I've been having a lot of fun with this set too!) I love how you brought the yellow in to the background, and the bow and sentiment strip tie it all in so nicely! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia!❤❤❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I hope you and your family are faring a little better, I’ve kept you in my thoughts and prayers. I’m amazed at the process you used to create this gorgeous card! I’ll have to try your idea of sponging while the cardstock is still in the die. Your design is outstanding, a real beauty!
😊💕

Kelly Lunceford said...

So sweet, Stephanie! Thank you so much!❤❤❤