Monday, April 12, 2021

Ink to Paper April Release Countdown Day 2

Thanks for joining me for Day 2 of the Ink to Paper April release countdown! Today is all about Dad! Not gonna lie...this was a hard one for me with the passing of my FIL last month! My Dad died when I was 18, so Father's Day has always been hard since then, but now with my FIL gone as well, it's definitely going to be hard! One of the saddest things is that I STILL have his Father's Day cards and treat holders, etc. from LAST year when we couldn't see him in his care facility! I had hoped to be able to give them to him this year, but that wasn't the plan! 

Needless to say, there are some super fun new products that you're sure to love to help us celebrate all of the Dads that we DO have, like my amazing husband who is great father to our kids! This card features the new The Mug die and the coordinating To Die For Sentiments: 24 X 7 Dad die!

I die cut the mug twice using Pinefeather cardstock. I used the To Die For Sentiments: 24 X 7 die on one of the mugs and glued the two together leaving all of the numbers and letters intact. I also die cut the numbers and letters once from Kraft cardstock and carefully glued them over the top with liquid glue to allow them to stand out from the mug. You could do the inlaid die cut technique as well and omit the third layer.

I carefully folded a $20 bill to slide down into the top of the mug. I layered it over a circle and a Kraft background that is stamped using the new Weaved Background. I added some Pierced details around the perimeter.

The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment, which is from another new set being showcased today (photos below), is heat embossed in silver and added to the bottom of the mug.

I layered it onto a Smokey Shadow card base with a frame around the edge. This is a simple design, but all of the added textural details make it feel a little more special...or maybe it's the $20 dollar bill sticking out! ha ha!

My second card for today uses a fun little mini stamp set called "Dad's Time". I thought it would be fun to use these little images to create two tiny scenes showcasing some of the things Dad might like to do with his time! My husband despises grilling and has never played golf, so I'm pretty sure this WON'T be HIS card! ha ha!
This card also features the new Inside Sentiments: Thanks Dad stamp set, which I chose to add to the bottom center to accent the two scenes.



I used the previously released Nifty Plaid background stamp for that golfing feel. I find that red cards are incredibly hard to photograph, but I think this photo shows it pretty well.

I hesitated to add the sequins, but I really felt the card needed some additional detail, so there you have it! ha ha! I also heat embossed the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment in white onto a stirp of black cardstock. I used the grass die from the Floral Breeze accessories set to help set these little scenes. Join me again tomorrow for day 3 of the release and thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly, I know exactly how you feel, my friend.
Enjoy that day spoiling your husband - even if he doesn't like grilling or golf!
Your cards are so perfect, and perfectly wonderful!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Love the first, so fun and great design, great masculine cards

Connie said...

Fantastic cards, Kelly!
What great product ideas.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thanks so much, Michele!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much!❤