Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Ink to Paper April Release Countdown Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper April release countdown! Today we're showcasing a fabulous collection of new products! Up first is a fun new set called "Where it Leads". I chose to go with a very CAS card today. I wanted something on the artistic side so I began with a 4 by 5 1/2 inch piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock.

I was really nervous to not use any of the coordinating dies because one wrong move would mean that the entire panel would be ruined! I took my time and carefully placed all of the images in my MISTI to get the proper alignment.

I'm especially excited about the beautiful sentiments that are included in this set and I can see myself using them on many different cards, not just ones with the step images. 

Once I was done with all of the stamping, I decided to add just a hint of Hawaiian Shores ink around the edges for a bit of sky. I also decided to add the pierced detail around the images to give it a bit of a "frame" or focus.

I added the entire focal panel to a Ripe Avocado card base using foam squares for dimension. After it was all said and done, I think I'd like to try this same look but with the dies for a "fuller" look, if that makes sense. I love CAS cards, but you all know how much I love my layers, too! ha ha!

Next up is a fun new Cover Plate called "Scenic Path". I think this is a fun one for many different occasions, but it goes perfectly with the new Just Sentiments: Steps stamp set AND the new Inside Greetings: Steps! I DO have one of the inside sentiments stamped on the inside, but do you think I remembered to take a picture? uh-oh!

I die cut the Scenic  Pathway out of Ripe Avocado cardstock and layered it over a panel of white cardstock with clouds stenciled over the top.

I wanted a hint of added detail and color back there so it worked perfectly.

I stamped the sentiment and in black ink onto white cardstock and then die cut it with the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle die.

I'm thinking I'll use this as a graduation card this year. Stop by tomorrow for the 4th and final day of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Isn’t that the truth about a totaled stamped panel? I was searching for the word to describe how I felt about your 1st card and then you said it! Artistic! I love it! I like the sentiments I’ve seen so far too. And yesterday’s Father’s Day mug is perfect for a gift card or money. I know this must be a hard release for you, but your cards amaze me. Again! God bless. 😊💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you SO much, Stephanie!❤