Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Taylored Expressions {Somewhere over the Rainbow Kit}

I'm so excited to be here today helping my good friend Taylor from Taylored Expressions, launch the fabulous new Somewhere Over the Rainbow Kit! I had such a fabulous time creating all of these fun cards to share with you today! The kit is available for purchase now and includes everything that you see in the photo below!

It comes packaged in this fabulous zippered mesh bag so you can store all of the components in one convenient place!
I'll be sharing two different sets of cards today; one uses the die cuts and one uses the stencils which provide different and unique results that are perfect for you own personal style of card making!

To begin these two cards, I used the AMAZING Masking Stencils Rectangles paired with the Set the Scene-Clouds Stencil set. I ALWAYS use Pixie Spray when using the masking stencils so they don't move and I get a nice, crisp edge! I also added some ink splatter before I removed the masking stencil. Once that was done, I die cut the rainbow strips and colored them using ink and TE Blender Brushes. Once that was done, I added the patterns over the top using the included stamp set. I placed the top of the rainbow without any glue so I could get the sentiments that are at the top of the cards in the right spot. I used my mini MISTI to get them stamped crisply.  I added the rainbow to the panel using foam squares. 

There are two different styles of clouds, but I used the less detailed ones for these two cards. I stamped the word "smile" and the adorable face image that is included in the stamp set. I added some Crystal Glaze over the top of the heart under the rainbow. Each panel is mounted onto a colorful card base using foam squares. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off these two designs!

Up next are the cards using the stencils, but before I dive into that, you'll notice the cute envelopes and seals in this photo. The kit includes 6 envelopes and seals to coordinate with the card inside! I love that sweet detail!

These two cards are relatively simple in design, but took some careful planning to make sure I did things thoughtfully to make it all work out in the end. To begin, I used the first stencil with the pink and yellow stripes. I added the ink and then added the pattern images over the top. Once that was done,I stamped the top sentiments and then I was able to move onto the second stencil which has the orange and greenish blue parts. I knew I wanted to add Nuvo shimmer paste over the top, so that is why I did all of the stamping on the previous colors so as to not interfere with the paste.

If I can use Nuvo paste with a stencil, I DO! LOL! I love the texture, sparkle, and shine that it adds to projects like this! You can also see the detail of these clouds. I added some ink blending around the edges and then stamped the sentiment and face.


I stamped the cluster of hearts and the purple heart in the center. A few dew drops glued here and there give the card some added detail.

I'm completely head over heels in love with this amazing new kit! I love the bag that it comes in so it's all in one place, which is always helpful for me! LOL! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects and head to the shop to get yours before they're gone! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What color inks did you use on the first card?

Luvcreatincards said...

Such a lovely set of cards, they are so colourful. I would love to know where I can buy a kit like this, I don’t think they are sold hete in France.