Thursday, May 7, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio {Rainbows and Hugs}

Welcome friends! I'm over on the Pinkfresh Studio blog today sharing these two cards using lots of new products from the latest release! I'm also sharing them here as well and I will explain how I created both of these colorful designs!

It is so much fun creating rainbows using nothing more than white cardstock and Ink! To begin this colorful design, I die cut the new Color Block Stripes die. This creates the strips as well as a frame that you can use as a guide when placing the strips back into place. You don't have to use this piece if you don't want, but I did use it on this particular card. In the end, it got covered up with the die cut on top, but it is there! LOL! One of the things that I like about this die is the quantity of strips that it makes so you can really get a lot of different colors to really make the rainbow pop! I simply used my blender brushes and ink, making sure to apply more saturated color to the top and let it fade out toward the bottom. 

The rainbow strips are added onto the panel using foam squares for dimension. I spritzed the entire piece with Shimmer Spray for sparkle, shine, and added detail. I die cut the Ornate Floral Die portion and added it to the top using liquid glue. 

As soon as I saw the "you are my rainbow" sentiment that is included in the Simply Sentiments Hello stamp set I knew it would be used right away! I paired it with the "friend" die from the Phrase Builder Hello die collection and popped everything up with foam squares. I added some black paint splatter for some added contrast. The finishing touch is a few Essentials Jewels glued to the center of each flower.

My second card for today uses the same Ornate Floral die, but this time I did some inlaid die cutting for a bold look. To begin, I die cut the Ornate Floral die and carefully tried to punch out the pieces as correctly as possible. Once that was done, I glued the outline portion to a top folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I normally shy away from doing any type of inlaid techniques, but since puzzles are the world's current favorite pastime,  I thought I'd give it a try! LOL! As you can see, I didn't use ALL of the pieces, but rather the flowers and a good portion of the leaves. I wanted to leave some white space to really let the flowers shine!

I did some ink blending on each of the colored pieces and then popped them back into place using foam squares and liquid glue if they were too small. I really love the dimension that the foam squares give the design!

This card also has some black paint splatter and then the sentiments are added using additional foam squares. The heat embossed sentiment is from the new Keep Going Stamp Set and is the perfect complement to the Hugs die cut! Of course this card got a misting of Shimmer Spray as well and a few jewels to finish it off! I really had a good time putting both of these cards together! The ink blending and puzzle piecing was very therapeutic! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Jody V said...

Just beautiful. Love the bright colours.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your cards turned out so pretty and definitely looked like they were fun to create! 😊

Vikki H said...

Gorgeous cards with so many details. Thank you for the explanation of your creation. You've sold a few sets of PSF stamps/dies with these two beauties.