Monday, May 18, 2020

Stitched Sunshine!

I took advantage of a lazy Sunday afternoon to make a few cards; one for an upcoming birthday and one to say thanks! The Stitched Sentiments stamp set was my starting point and then all of the other "stitched" details fell in to place! These were so fun to work on, using bits and pieces from this and that to create these cards to pop in the mail!

This is the perfect sentiment for a birthday in May and with all of the beautiful flowers beginning to bloom, the Stitching Garden stamp set was a natural choice! It complements the other stitched details so nicely.  To begin, I used the In Stitches Die Collection to die cut the banner and the embroidery hoop. I heat embossed the metal portion at the top to give it a more realistic look. Once that was done, I stamped the hoop portion using Classic Kraft ink for a light wood feel.
I used the Cross Stitched Mini Stamp set using Soft Stone ink on the center portion of the hoop. Once that was done, I stamped the "You" and "May" sentiments using Raspberry Fizz ink with the heart stamped in Aqua Mist ink. I set these pieces aside to work on the flowers.
I actually made three cards in total; one like this one shown here and 2 of the "You" design. I stamped enough flowers and leaves from the Stitching Garden Stamp Set for each card and then used the Stitching Garden die set to die cut each of the stamped images.

Each of the embroidery hoops is mounted onto one of the images from the Stitch In Time Borders that is stamped in Raspberry Fizz. On the card that I didn't photograph, I stamped it in Aqua Mist ink for a different look. I ended up by liking the Raspberry Fizz much better for balance!
I cut a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock and stamped the vine image, which is from the Stitched Sentiments Stamp Set, using my mini MISTI. It worked out perfectly to just rotate the paper to get the second impression. I used one of the little flowers included in the set to add the yellow, aqua, and blush flowers.

I added the pierced detail around the edge once I was done stamping using the Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles. After that was done, I was able to add the embroidery hoop layered onto the stitched border to the white panel using additional foam squares. I had fun adding the flowers and tucking things here and there!

The Stitched Sentiments stamp set comes with a banner image, but I opted to just do some simple sponging around the edges to give it some definition. I stamped the "make the world a better place" portion of the sentiment using black ink. I added it to the hoop using foam squares. The entire focal panel is added to a top folding Raspberry Fizz card base! A few sparkling clear sequins and a spritz or two of Shimmer Spray finish off these designs! I had a lot of fun putting these together; a perfect way to spend the afternoon! Thanks for fluttering by!


8 comments:

TLady said...

What a BEAUTIFUL COMBINATION of sets you've used, Kelly! LOVE what you've done!!! ;)<3

Holly said...

Hi Kelly...I love to see all your cards..SO gorgeous!!
LOVE the fact that you use all those gorgeous ..oldies from PTI....
Such a great thing not to see..all new items but all those super sweet and gorgeous old sets...LOVE to see more!!

jan metcalf said...

Lovely cards, lovely ideas, loving the May sentiment for a May birthday!

Stephanie Clapper said...

This past month especially, I’ve wanted to make some cards using some older stamp sets- but alas I keep using newer ones. What’s up with that? You’ve inspired me with your BEAUTIFUL birthday cards. They couldn’t be more perfect for this month and I love how you combine everything together, almost as if they were designed that way. Gorgeous post! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ’–


Kelly Lunceford said...

I understand!πŸ˜‚ I think that if we use what our heart wants, our creations will bring joy!❤❤❤ Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Holly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much!❤