Monday, June 25, 2018

Merry Monday #296 {Let it Snow}

Happy  Monday! I'm here today with this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge !! And...It is with sadness that it will be our LAST challenge as well! I'm so sad to be saying goodbye! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the team, albeit a short time!  I will still be posting my monthly Keeping Christmas posts, so there will still be some Christmas around here!  Ha Ha!

For our final challenge, Nina has asked us to create a rustic Christmas card! This is such a fun one because anything rustic is so popular right now! Nina always uses pattern paper so well, so I thought I would use some today as well!

I knew that one of my favorite stamp sets, Two Feet Deep, would be the perfect choice to create my rustic design. I stamped the skis using Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto Kraft cardstock. I used the coordinating Two Feet Deep dies to cut them out. I heat embossed the silver portion for some added detail and realism. 

The background is created by layering a potpourri of pattern papers. I just love the wood background and it is a piece of pattern paper from Hobby Lobby. I also layered up a piece of snowflake paper that is also from  Hobby Lobby with a strip of paper from the Warm Hearts 6 by 6 paper pad.  I did some zig zag machine stitching along the seam for some interest.

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of vellum and wrapped around the back of the pattern papers. It was easy for me to tuck the skis  down behind the vellum.



The finishing touches are a few plastic snowflake embellishments I've had in my stash for a while. I added some sequins to the middle of each one as well as a few others scattered here and there for some added shine. I hope you get a chance to join us for this last and final Merry Monday Christmas challenge! Thanks for fluttering by!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very cool and subtle winter card that makes you feel the cold. Love it!

JoAnn said...

Great card Kelly. Love the snow skies and pretty papers you used.

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! Love the skis and the mix of pattern papers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Perfect rustic card, Kelly! Just love the pair of skies with all the layers behind an the yummy vellum sentiment! So glad I got to know you at Merry Monday - I'll miss working with you but will definitely visit your blog!!

Leanne said...

Such a talent you have, love the embossing on the vellum and the layout is amazing. I am going to miss you will see you in the craft world. Been a pleasure being on the team with you. Hugs, L:)

JoAnn said...

I have really enjoyed being on the MM DT with you Kelly and getting to know you through our weekly challenges. See you in blogland.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous Kelly and it was fun being on the team with you!

Colleen said...

Kelly I am so glad that we were "card mates" for awhile! I have so enjoyed seeing you back and in the limelight, too! I am sad that merry Monday will be no more, but I know I will be visiting you often! Heart Hugs, Colleen And this card is FANTASTIC!!

Susan Joyce said...

You have inspired me every week with your awesome cards Kelly and I am so sad that this is the last one, which is fabulous. All the best for the future my friend.

Unknown said...

Ack, the last one! I’ve loved looking at your Christmas inspiration each week, so many beautiful projects and this weeks is spot on for the challenge. Gorgeous, love those skis💕

Marcia Hill said...

Another FABULOUS card Kelly! I just LOVE that Two Feet Deep set and don't know why it doesn't go from my wish list into my shopping cart after all this time! I love all the patterned papers you used on this card too and the stitching is just the icing on the cake!! I am so going to miss working alongside you each week as I just love your work, but I will definitely be checking in on your blog to see what you've been up to! I love your Keeping Christmas posts and am totally loving your work at PTI too! Hugs!! :0)

JD/ Jill said...

This is a wonderful design! Great card for this week's challenge. I will miss this weekly challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

This is such a beautiful card Kelly, I love the papers and colours you used. The silver accents and sentiment add pretty details to your gorgeous creation. It has been lovely creating with you on Merry Monday and I look forward to continuing to create with you for Keeping Christmas.

Linda said...

Kelly, your rustic card is fantastic. It's been great being on the MM design team with you.