Monday, June 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas {Holiday Flutterby Basket}



 Welcome to June's installment of the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop! Today I've got what I'm calling a "cheater project" (LOL!) because it is actually a project from this past Christmas that I never shared! My photos were last minute "on the fly" pictures so I could at least document all of my hard work, but I never really intended to share them, so please look past the questionable staging...this is real life people! 


Don't forget to head to the rest of the team's blogs to see what fabulous inspiration they have for you today!
Kelly Lunceford  (you are here)



Kim Heggins (off this month)


Every year I make my famous and delicious Soft Ginger cookies. I usually package them up in cellophane bags with one of my handmade tags. You can see them in all of their delicious glory here on the cooling racks. I usually triple the recipe so that I can give them out to lots of our friends and neighbors. In the past I have put the cookie bags, along with my homemade caramels, jams/jellys/or lemon curd, and clementines into cookie tins or baskets. This past year I was so excited to put the treats into my Flutterby Baskets. You can read all about them over on my sewing blog Thimbles and Thread

To begin, I went to my favorite local quilt shop and picked up this fabulous assortment of fabrics and pom pom trims! Aren't they so cute? Picking out fabric is just as much fun as picking out pattern paper for cards!

I think when it was all said and done I made 15 baskets! Whew! I tried to make at least two of three for days on end! By the time I got them all sewn, I was cutting it close to get them all delivered WITH  the homemade treats I made as well. So...that's why I ran out of time to get some properly stages photos. This is me AT  the kitchen table, my neighbor list and pens out getting them all put together. Each basket also included one of the handmade cards I made last year during the year for my Keeping Christmas projects or Merry Monday. You can see one of my favorites peeking out of the basket here.

Once the baskets were all made, I had leftover fabric pieces that I didn't want to go to waste, so I made some of my Handmade Handwarmers as well. They were just the thing to tuck in with all of the treats!

I also had so much fun using up all of my tags that I had made during the year as well. This particular one is from the 25 days of tags challenge that Tracey McNeely puts on each year! I had a ball! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are fabulous, Kelly! I want to be your neighbor! :)

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet, sweet post Kelly, even without staged photos! Your baskets are absolutely adorable and what a FABULOUS gift to give your friends and neighbors all filled with special treats, handmade cards, handmade tags, and of course the bags that can be reused again and again! I think I need to get back into sewing and try my hand at something like these...I used to make dresses for all 3 of our girls when they were growing up and then of course Bitty Baby and all the American Girl dolls needed clothes too! :0)