Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Monday #270 {For a DEER friend}


Happy Monday, Friends! I'm so excited to be the host over at the Merry Monday Blog this week! This will be the last challenge before the new year so I hope you will join me for some fun!

Holiday parties are never complete without a few games, right? I've got a fun version of tic-tac-toe for you to play...card making tic-tac-toe, that is! I kinda wanted to do a "blackout" game, LOL! but decided to resist and just do the top row; stamping, pattern paper and embossing. What will you choose?

I ordered quite a few goodies from Simon Says Stamp a few weeks ago. When they arrived I was swamped with Holliday party preparations so I couldn't use them at all. Do you know how hard that is???? Torture...plain and simple! When I finally had some free time, I was so excited to get everything out. The background for my card is stamped in Versamark ink using the MFT Snowfall Background and heat embossed using White Puff embossing powder. I was 100 percent inspired by THIS card, right down to the paper and red accents! This Dashing Deer stamp set was the perfect companion for this snowy background.

I stamped the sweet little deer and colored him using Copic and Prismacolor markers. I also added some details to the scarf and his body using a white gel pen. Once he was all colored, I die cut him out. I also die cut a circle using a nestabilities die and then embossed it using the Wood Grain Impression Plate. So...I used two types of embossing; dry and heat. I also chose to do this so that I would have a circle to use as a guide to create the wreath. 

This particular stamp set includes three different types of "sprigs" or branches. I stamped each one quite a few times, colored them and die cut them. Once they were all cut, I added some Red Berry Nuvo Drops to the berries on two of the different branches. I left the other one white for some added interest and detail. I set those aside to dry and got to work on creating the "friend" portion of the card. I die cut it four times out of red cardstock and then glued them together using Tombow Mono Multi glue. After that was done, I applied a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze and sprinkled some chunky red glitter. I have used the same technique a few times lately on different cards that you can see HERE {I gave this one away on Sunday to the Santa that visited our Christmas party at church and I am having separation anxiety LOL!}, and HERE and another one HERE. It is such a fun effect to create! 


The sentiment above "friend" is heat embossed using Antique Gold powder. I had mentioned a few posts back that I had ordered a few and was eager to try them out. This is the first of the new gold powders that I tried out and I LOVE it! It DEFINITELY lives up to its "antique" name! After all of the elements were dry, it was time to assemble the card. I used a little strip of some old SU! pattern paper to anchor the friend die cut. I also needed that as one of my "tic-tac-toe" elements. Thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the wreath you created with the sprigs, Kelly - perfect with the sweet deer and the sparkly FRIEND!! Happy holidays to you and best wishes for 2018!!

JoAnn said...

Love that sweet deer in the pretty wreath you created Kelly. I especially like how you did the sentiment.
I wish you and yours a Blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Linda said...

Great design and that little deer is just so precious. So pretty. Have a Merry Christmas, Kelly.

Bonnie said...

Great challenge, Kelly, and a fantastic card! Merry Christmas!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card Kelly (so much lovely detail!!) and a great challenge this week too! Wishing you and your family a very JOYFUL Christmas!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! So enjoy all your cards Kelly.