Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I love you so much

My house has been doused with a generous sprinkling of pink and red hearts and I have been having a lot of fun getting started on my Valentine's Day projects! Today's design is a watercolor piece that I worked on last night. I was in a creative mood, but my mind's eye wasn't cooperating with my hands. I almost scrapped the entire card, but decided just to leave it and revisit it in the morning. Sometimes time and a new perspective is all it takes for a design to grow on me....and it did in this case. 








I started the design by generously sponging an assortment of pink tones of ink onto 140lb. watercolor paper. I added water using a watercolor brush and just had fun as I moved it where I liked it.  I stamped the "I love you so much" sentiment with gold ink in a random, yet planned way across the watercolor panel where I knew I would be placing the heart piece. 




The heart was punched out of watercolor paper about 6 times and layered using liquid glue. The top heart was heat embossed using gold ink and I intentionally left it scattered across the piece, rather than blowing it all off. I wanted a splattered gold look and I was happy with the result. This particular heart image is from PTI's "Heart Prints" set. I water colored the negative space using reinkers and a watercolor brush. I was very deliberate and careful with how I placed each color. Once I was happy with the result, I placed it on the watercolor paper using foam squares. The "I love you so much" panel was heat embossed as well and placed at the bottom of the heart.




I added a few gold sequins and layered the entire focal panel onto a kraft cardbase. The finishing touch was a loop of gold ribbon tied with some button twine for some extra texture and shine to keep the card cohesive. Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram
@kellylunceford

No comments: