Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine Village

I wanted to share my cute little Valentine's Day village before the day of love comes and goes. I worked on these a few weeks ago and they have been sitting out on my sofa table enhancing my decor. They are, however, filled with strawberries and cream Lindt balls and are headed out tomorrow to be given away! I just love all of the possibilities using the "Tiny Town" dies! I think my favorite is the sweet shoppe, like I have showcased here. Each little shop was adhered to a doily for something to "ground" it as well as a little valentine charm!


I have found that I like creating the houses and sweet shoppes out of a sturdy patterned paper, rather than just cardstock. I like the detail and flair it gives each piece. If you use double sided paper, like I have, it is fun for when the recipient opens it up. Each one is different, but I wanted to keep them all cohesive as well.
Here is a closeup of one of the Shoppes. You can see the sweet little shop sign with a heart stamped onto it. I used the "Heart Prints" set from PTI for the tiny heart as well as the sentiment. It will never go out of style and is one of my go-to sets for many different occasions. The flowers in the window boxes were colored using copic markers and I added a little startdust stickles to a few of each bunch of flowers for some shine. Thanks for fluttering by and have a fabulous Valentine's Day! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford

3 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

The houses are precious! Love the idea of using patterned paper instead of cardstock. Thank you for sharing.

Charlene said...

These are so darling - thanks for making them to inspire me to get my dies out and make some houses. I loved these dies when they came out and made one for Halloween, but have not done any for spring yet. I love your colors!

Laurie said...

Really love the look you got, so very pretty. Thanks for posting, you've inspired me to get my Sweet Shop out and give it another go.